FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Ahh, sweet Fate

Author Topic: Ahh, sweet Fate
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
My faith in the humor of Fate has been renewed.

Just when you get smacked by a problem you think you can't handle it'll drown you, Fate is kind enough distract you by throwing an entirely different problem at you.

It's hard to worry about the sharks when you're in the middle of drowning.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I hear ya, Trevor.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Fate, Fortune, Lady Luck - stupid choices we make in our lives...the names are, for the most part, interchangeable.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't know what's going on, but hope it gets better, Trevor. {{{}}}
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmmmm. ~~~~~T~~~~~
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
(Trevor)
I hope things look up soon.

Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope the fickle finger of fate points in a better direction for you, ((Trevor)). [Frown]

[ April 06, 2005, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: Morbo ]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I hope the fickle finger of fate points in a better direction for you, ((Trevor)).

While I sympathize, this cracked me up, 'cause I'm thinking middle finger. [Laugh]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susie Derkins
Member # 7718

- posted      Profile for Susie Derkins   Email Susie Derkins         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that's the only finger Fate has.

Fate, that one-fingered beast.

Posts: 285 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
What about the thumb, to give a "thumbs-down"?
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

I don't know about "better", but I am on a first name basis with some of the sharks.

-Trevor

MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Luck, be a lady tonight.
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
Fate is kind. She brings to those who love the sweet fulfillment of their secret longing.

Like a bolt out of the blue, Fate steps in and see you through.

Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Fortuna, like the moon you are changeable, ever waxing and waning....
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I hope the fickle finger of fate points in a better direction for you, ((Trevor)).
and I WOULD have to be watching Sweet Charity right now... LOL
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
In the words of Jack Handey:

quote:
If life deals you lemons, why not go kill someone with the lemons (maybe by shoving them down his throat).
And from Ron White:

quote:
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then try to find somebody whose life gave them vodka and have a party.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

[ROFL]
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
So what was this thread about, anyway? What are the sharks, drowning, humorous fate, etc?
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope the sharks get more friendly. Maybe they are pacifist sharks.

Good luck
((((Trevor))))

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
T? [Confused]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Shhhhh....

I'm still sulking.

-Trevor

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.