FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Ender's Game Movie Casting

Author Topic: Ender's Game Movie Casting
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish to know where the casting for the movie will be held, I'd love to be the older Val. Does anyone here know what to do if they want to be a part of the movie?
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portabello
Member # 7710

- posted      Profile for Portabello   Email Portabello         Edit/Delete Post 
Get an agent.
Posts: 751 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susie Derkins
Member # 7718

- posted      Profile for Susie Derkins   Email Susie Derkins         Edit/Delete Post 
Send me fifty bucks.

Really, it's the only way.

Posts: 285 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
There should be another trivia contest in which the winner gets awarded a cameo appearance in the movie.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
And I want to be Bean. So what if I'm 30 years old, 6'4" and 250 pounds. This decision should be based on acting ability, you racists, and all of your preconceived Hollywood notions of pleasing appearance shouldn't get in the way of the fact that I have talent. That's right, a very tiny amount of acting talent. And nothing will stand in the way of my dreams. Especially you, you horrible bigots.

[ April 06, 2005, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: Speed ]

Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portabello
Member # 7710

- posted      Profile for Portabello   Email Portabello         Edit/Delete Post 
What race are you, speed?
Posts: 751 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wink] I didn't mean to anger anyone, I think I would fit the age that the older Val in that book. I do think that the cameo contest should be brought up. isn't that how Pop got into Crystal City? About the agent, how much do they cost? Can my own mother be my agent? can't I just looke for the role myself?
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm of the 6'4" 250 lbs race. 'Twas merely a joke. [Razz]

[ April 06, 2005, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: Speed ]

Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
The difference between a movie walk-on and becoming a character in a book is that the author has control over who goes in his books. Movies based on his book, quite a lot less control there I think.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meshugener
Member # 7601

- posted      Profile for Meshugener   Email Meshugener         Edit/Delete Post 
methinks i'd make a good teenage ender or peter. or perhaps a bugger, if i take off my makeup.
Posts: 93 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portabello
Member # 7710

But now your joke has me curious. What race are you, speed?
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm thinking he's of the miler race.

Speaking of races, we watched the 100 meter dash yesterday (I so old that when I was in school, it was the 100 yard dash)which my son was participating in (he does shot put and discus, but the athletes are allowed 3 events, so the coaches stuck him in the 100 meter dash for no particular reason) and it was hysterical. You know, before the race, we knew it was going to be ugly. They let every participate. And in every race, there was one runner who looked like a candidate for the Special Olympics. And yes, in my son's race, he was the that person. He is so funny. The funny thing, is that the shot put and discus, which are "his events" are just as bad. The winning kids are throwing twice as far as he is. God love him, though, he loves track and seems totally clueless that he's really, really bad at it.

Isn't that kid from Star Wars playing Bean? And the kid from the Sixth Sense is gonna be Ender. Right? And Dakota Fanning is going to be Petra.

That's what I heard, anyway.

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
As long as I'm Dink, I'm perfectly happy. Who better to play a smart ass genius but me?
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
*Raises hand* (Edit, whoops forgot to mention that I was kidding, I wouldn't know who is better out of the two of us to play Dink.) Actually Dink is one of my top choices on 'who would I play?' But alas, my age grows to be a higher number as time passes, so I probably will not...

Though it'd be fun to just get an extra part in Command School or something. (Honestly, my first choice would be sadistic net owning Peter at Fourteen... but, alas, I doubt I'd have a chance for that.)

[ April 06, 2005, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: Vadon ]

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jasmine
Member # 7370

- posted      Profile for Jasmine   Email Jasmine         Edit/Delete Post 
i'd love to play Petra....even though i'm asian. Other than that, i think i can match her description very well, except being blonde..colorDye! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

The guy in Star wars is about 15 now, so it wouldn't work unless he's gonna play SotH Bean. And even though Dakota Fanning's a good actress..I can't see Petra in her. Her with a gun..not right

Posts: 146 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I like to say to myself that I fit the description of teen Peter. I'm not much of an actor though, so it probably wouldn't work.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

I would be horrified if Haley Joel Osment played ender and the kid from Star Wars played Bean. I don't know much about Dakota Fanning, what movies has she appeared in?
Kayla
Member # 2403

Okay, I'm horrified that anyone took anything I said seriously.

But, Dakota Fanning was in I Am Sam, Cat in the Hat, and Taken.

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

She might be ok for the role then, I've not seen her act. I didn't really take your suggestion seriously, the actors you mentioned are way too old for the roles, but you know how it goes in the movie industry...It would be a kick in the liver to all fans of OSC to have to actors have the roles.
Kayla
Member # 2403

Alt, it's a long running joke for newbs to come to the forum and say they've heard that Ender's Game is going to be a movie. At first, it was HJO that was going to be Ender, then the Jake Lloyd rumor started. Now, it's just a joke. Though, OSC does like Dakota Fanning.
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I play the Hive Queen? Pretty please?
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

The queen Mazer Rackham blow up?
B-HAX
Member # 6640

- posted      Profile for B-HAX   Email B-HAX         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I play PILOT #2 on the shuttle ride up to battle school? Plus I'd really like to see Morgan Freeman as the Battle School uberWise janitor.
Posts: 70 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gryphonesse
Member # 6651

- posted      Profile for Gryphonesse   Email Gryphonesse         Edit/Delete Post 
if there's a spot for a wiseass redhead with a Texas accent and an Irish brogue when she gets pissed, lemme know. Oh, and short and round have to be qualifications too. And a wicked smirk.

[ROFL]

Posts: 262 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.