FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hi-- I am here? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hi-- I am here?
Aunty Eem
Member # 7743

- posted      Profile for Aunty Eem   Email Aunty Eem         Edit/Delete Post 
I am a new member--- Prompted by my lovely daughter Ryuko and good people Dana, Bob,Eljay, Jaime and Nate,Rivka and others at the Famous "Wedding".Sorry don't know Dana and Bobs forum names. I met them out of Hatrack great people!! I think I was on one of their first non-dates. Eljay I met before the wedding I think--so many people so few brain cells. Any way. I am here and a real newbee. Please don't be peeved if I ask too many questions [Blushing]
Posts: 63 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome! [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave]

Hi there! Glad you signed up!

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome!!!!

We welcome your questions, so don't hesitate to ask.

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, you're already famous! We all know how you are because we've heard of that infamous first meeting. [Smile] (We call them Bob and Dana here too, so we know to whom you are referring.)

And I've met Abby and she's awesome...which means that her mother must be great. Welcome! [Smile]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Like so much of life, take us with a grain of salt and a slice of lime.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack! [Wave]
Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
The trick is to stop at one question BEFORE too many.

Well, I guess that means the trick is knowing one question ahead which one will be too many.

Never mind. You can't ask too many questions. You can, however, get WAY too many answers.

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave] You went with us to the comic shop on Sunday, right?
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there! [Wave]
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
This seems like a logical place to post a musing about whether Dana will change her username to dks after she gets back.

Or Dana_Scopatz.

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aunty Eem
Member # 7743

Valentine I was the short quite one which one were you?
Posts: 63 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
She's taking his name, but has firmly asserted she will keep her initials, on hatrack and elsewhere, iirc.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Hm. I always find it difficult to describe myself...past shoulder length brown hair, didn't have a camera, hung around Xavier/Phil most of the time...ring a bell?
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
fugu's right.

Ya know, Val, there are several pics of you up now you could link to. [Smile]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Aunt Eem, Val (real name Niki/Nicole) was the female half of the couple that wasn't Nate (most common screen name: T_Smith) and Jamie (screen name: mackillian)

So cool that you joined! [Smile] You're "real" (that is, have met two or more Hatrackers) already. [Cool]

*whisper to others* Heehee! We caught another one! [Evil]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aunty Eem
Member # 7743

Cool Rivka-- I am real before I have clue about what it means! Man--am I cool--or what? Mostly or what I'm sure!
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi! [Wave]
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susie Derkins
Member # 7718

- posted      Profile for Susie Derkins   Email Susie Derkins         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome!

Abby is one of my favorite people in the world.

Posts: 285 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, and welcome to Hatrack! I met you briefly at the reception--I'm the one with the waist-length dark brown hair.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome. I'm the grumpy one that you didn't meet because I couldn't go.

*pouts some more*

[Big Grin]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Pout too much and your face will stick. [Razz]

[Wave] [Wave] [Wave]

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi! [Wave]

I was the Australian one also not at the wedding - due to being in Australia.

I'm sure you remember me. [Smile]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Not fair! You're real before you even get here, and then there's me, I've been here for nearly two years (longer if you count the lurking - shh!) and I'm STILL not real. [Cry]

And I'm the one in Sri Lanka that you didn't meet because I was in Sri Lanka. You probably remember me, too. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave] We've never met, but I like you. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
That's it! that's the face! She's adorable - is she your daughter, Stan?
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack. It's a great place to visit and you may just want to live here!
Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Huzzah! [Big Grin]

I'm usually pretty easy to describe. The chick with short blonde hair and a camera.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I think we should officially change our welcome. Something that makes more sense.

Welcome to Hatcrack! [ROFL]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goo Boy
Member # 7752

- posted      Profile for Goo Boy   Email Goo Boy         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Aunt Eem, Val (real name Niki/Nicole) was the female half of the couple that wasn't Nate (most common screen name: T_Smith) and Jamie (screen name: mackillian)
I'm pretty sure my wife's name is neither Niki, Nicole, nor Val. [Razz]
Posts: 289 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

I was talking solely about the group that went to the comic shop. You were not with us. You were sitting at the airport about then, I think.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Aunty Eem:

I met you, too, at the reception. I've got the white streak in my hair and we talked about that. I call it my "skunk streak."

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

Also, at the table with you at the reception, on the same side of the table to your right were:

VĂ¡na and Lime, Valentine014 and Xavier. Across from you were Abby (of course), fugu13, mackillian (Jamie) and T_Smith (Nathan).

At the table behind you, on the side nearest you were Punwit, Icarus and Cor, Papa Moose. On the opposite side were Ivygirl, Farmgirl, CaySedai, Frisco, Mama Squirrel. That table also had Mooselet and Superstation, the two little boys that belong to Papa Moose and Mama Squirrel.

Are we ready for the Hatrack Genealogy page yet? [Wink]

[ April 07, 2005, 01:39 AM: Message edited by: CaySedai ]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
And Papa Moose begat Mooselet and Superstation, and Ketchupqueen begat ketchup Princess and Auntie Eem begat Ryuko.

And all was right with the world.

Hi mom! [Big Grin]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome!

It's so neat to have more mothers and daughters here. Actually, I can only think of Ela and JaneX (and Shlomo is Ela's son), but I think that there are more.

edit: stupid hormones.

[ April 07, 2005, 02:01 AM: Message edited by: Mrs.M ]

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Aunty Eem! Nice to meet you. [Wave]

This touching moment has been brought to you by Hatrack.... bringing families closer... or at least side by side at their respective computers.

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

Mrs. M:

Farmgirl is Ivygirl's mom.

dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome!!!
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Of course. How could I forget Farmgirl and Ivygirl?! It's the hormones.
Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow....I didn't realize shlomo was a daughter.... [Wink] [Big Grin]

[ April 07, 2005, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

D'oh! Stupid hormones.
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
And Papa Moose and Mama Squirrel begat Mooselet and Superstation, and Ketchupqueen and Ketchup Prince Consort begat Ketchup Princess, and Auntie Eem (and Uncle Eem? [Wink] ) begat Ryuko.

Fixed that for you. [Big Grin]

Also: And verily did Krabby Patty and Posable_Nurse beget dkw and ElJay.

[ April 07, 2005, 02:24 AM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Aunty Eem! [Wave] Abby is very well liked around here.

Except she's always nattering on about, umm, different , uhh, types of "grooming" and stuff. [Blushing]

We mostly just humour her about that. [Evil]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome !
I'm the French girl who isn't real either and wasn't to the wedding due to, you know the following. [Smile]

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hat] Welcome to Hatrack.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Welome to Hatrack Aunt Eem! Good to see you! [Wave]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Val and Aunty Eem --

You sat at the same table together for dinner and you don't know who you are?? [Big Grin]

LINKY

Val is in the left-hand side of this photo - second one, next to her man in the blue shirt. Auntie Em, unfortunately, is hidden in this photo behind Vana - but is closest to the window on the same side of table as Valentine.

Farmgirl

(edit because I don't know my right from my left)

(edit again - because in re-reading, I guess CaySedai already told you all of this!) [Big Grin]

[ April 07, 2005, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave] Hi Aunty Em. I'm the blonde girl that for most of the weekend was either accosting people to sign BobNDana's guest book or to sign Sophie's quilt.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.