FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Iron Chef competitions

Author Topic: Iron Chef competitions
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone else like participating in these?

For clarification, I don't mean the TV show.

[ April 07, 2005, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: MEC ]

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Though, the TV show does rock...

I took a cooking class last year at my school, and instead of a final we did an iron chef competition. It was wicked fun.

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
We had and iron chef competition when I was in college. I won [Big Grin]

I'm also addicted to the show. I don't watch the food network at home, but whenever I'm traveling and in a hotel, I'm glued to iron chef all evening.

Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I once had one in my cooking class, I won.

And I had another with some friends, I came in second for the main course, but in fourth overall.

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
I participate in black box for the junior province competitions.

They're slightly different than "Iron Chef" in the fact you have limited ingredients and more stipulations. So you might be given a lamb shank, 4 oysters, a radish, etc. and you have to use all the ingredients in your entry.

Last year I came in the top 25 (out of 200) which is excellent.

This year I won't be participating as I am writing my red seal papers and don't have time [Smile]

(These competitions are only for culinary students and are run by the CCF/FCC)

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
Jaiden- that's impressive! We had black box competitions in school as well. They were always very challenging!
Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.