FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What is mayfly(a mayfly?)

Author Topic: What is mayfly(a mayfly?)
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Is a mayfly thread one that you delete after whoever you are talking to responds?

Cause I looked it up on Dictionary.com , and this is what i get:

Any of various fragile winged insects of the order Ephemeroptera that develop from aquatic nymphs and live in the adult stage no longer than a few days. Also called dayfly, shadfly.

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Got it in one. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
They're threads that are intended to be short lived. Going into them, posters know that once the thread has served its purpose it is likely to be deleted.

I'm actually pretty proud of the fact that a term I coined has become a Hatrack meme.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portabello
Member # 7710

- posted      Profile for Portabello   Email Portabello         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a meme-ache.
Posts: 751 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
They make an ointment for that you know.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Insect Repellent Clothing
New clothing line repels insects! Protect yourself from bugs and sun.

Want To See Your Last Fly
Get Fly Predators-Effective Natural Fly Control, USDA approved, 28th Yr

Ads by Goooooogle

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.