FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Does anyone have an antidote to Murphy's law? (Maybe I don't need one??? I hope)

Author Topic: Does anyone have an antidote to Murphy's law? (Maybe I don't need one??? I hope)
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Cause it's really affecting my dating life. I swear, the next time I go out with a girl that I really really like and find out there's something that's going to prevent me from being able to go out with her again, I'm going to scream, kick something, and possibly hurt things.

[ April 10, 2005, 11:34 PM: Message edited by: Boris ]

Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the club Boris.

Take a good look at the women you like and see if perhaps there is a pattern in your behavior you might want to consider altering.

Otherwise, good luck.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

I've been doing that. For all account, the stuff that keeps me from having relationship has seemed almost completely outside of my control. One girl is going on a mission, another girl is still in love with her ex and isn't interested in ANYONE else. The girl I went out with last night is going home for the summer (Just for mention, that was the most incredibly fun date I've been on in my life). That's just this semester. Part of my problem is that I don't know what I'm supposed to do after a first date. I'm working on that. But it seems like circumstances have been preventing me from being able to get a second or third date...It's driving me nuts.

[ April 09, 2005, 07:48 PM: Message edited by: Boris ]

Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Dude, going home for the summer means she will be back at the end of summer.

As for a second date, just ask her. Something like, "I had a great time tonight - would you like to do it again sometime?"

Trust me, there isn't a magic date fairy waiting to break a magic wand over your head if you don't follow the mythical script.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh* You recalled me something...

I hope it will be better for you than for me.

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

quote:
Dude, going home for the summer means she will be back at the end of summer.
Yes, I know. And I plan on asking her out. I'm just making an observation about things. I'm not feeling hopeless, just kinda going around thinking, "typical".
TMedina
Member # 6649

What, she left today?

Even if she's leaving in a day or two, give her a call.

Let her know you had a good time and you're interested in going out again.

The girl, I'm assuming, isn't telepathic.

-Trevor

ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
And if she did leave today, I hope you got her email address or phone number or real address so you can stay in contact over the summer. But seriously, if she hasn't left yet, ask to see her again before she does. Otherwise she's going to totally think you're blowing her off, and she will be wary at best if you ask her out again next fall. (Well he never called back last year... maybe he's just killing time until someone else gets back for the school year...)
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Yes! Yes! To Eljay you listen!

-Trevor

rav
Member # 7595

- posted      Profile for rav           Edit/Delete Post 
Change your name to Murphy, then it's your law to do whatever you want with [Big Grin] .
Posts: 121 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

quote:
Yes! Yes! To Eljay you listen!
Thanks, Yoda. I was allready planning on it [Razz]

[ April 09, 2005, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Boris ]

TMedina
Member # 6649

Finally...hobbling around on this cane was killing me. [Razz]

-Trevor

Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
And Boris, don't "try." "Do, or do not. There is no try." [Big Grin]
Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

*GIGGLE*
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

Did I say try anywhere, Master Yoda? Noooo. Try I said not. Planning I said. Planning means will do in future. [Razz]
TMedina
Member # 6649

Do. Or do not. There is no plan.

-Trevor

Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
*GIGGLE*
I'm trying to imagine what a cpaitalised giggle looks or sounds like.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

Have you ever seen someone drink milk and laugh before? Like that, only without the milk.
Tater
Member # 7035

Don't ask me why, but that made me think of this:

Afterbeef

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

Umm...Okay, I'm not going to ask. But don't ask me to understand why this made you think of that.
Tater
Member # 7035

umm..

[The Wave]

ElJay
Member # 6358

Teshi, you'll find out in two weeks. I giggle a lot, and it is frequently in all caps. [Wink]
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*nod*

It's true. She really does.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

Well, Master Yoda, I called her, and she said she'd like to go out with me again. *cheers*

We might be going country swing dancing this Wednesday night. She has to figure out what she's doing first, though.

*crosses fingers, closes eyes, and starts praying...a lot*

ElJay
Member # 6358

[Smile]

Good job! Good luck!

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[The Wave]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Don't pray, don't hope, don't go in with preconceptions.

Enjoy the time, enjoy the moment and worry about "later" - well, later.

-Trevor

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.