FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Really absurd tv ideas...

Author Topic: Really absurd tv ideas...
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Who really thought a show about a family-run mortuary would be a good idea or even vaguely successful?

Gah, talk about morbid.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
Having worked at a mortuary for a few months last year, I can say I definitely know some people who would really get into a show like that. [Angst]
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
If you like mortuaries, there's a book out there called "The Unnatural" about a guy with a gift for embalming--he really masters the art of preserving the ecessence of the person's life, and of course, big nasty corporations want to exploit his talent--

I thought it was pretty funny when I read it a half dozen years or so ago . . .

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Trevor, I feel the same way about hospital shows. I do watch "House," but I think it is weird that I do.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

The difference being, I think, is the degree of fiction and fantasy that seperates shows like ER and whatnot from reality shows.

I'm not easily squicked out, but there was a reality show and I couldn't tell you which one, but it had a young woman getting implants and liposuctions. Thank God they blurred her nipples, let me tell you - otherwise I would bave been sooo squicked out! [Roll Eyes]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
Really absurd TV..

Richard Simmons on "Whose Line Is It Anyway"

Oh, man, I love it.. [ROFL]

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

Oh, c'mon, where's all the Richard Simmons fans?
[Dont Know]

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Lurking in the shocking confessions thread, Tater. [Taunt]

-Trevor

Tater
Member # 7035

Shocking Confessions! Ha!

Like it's a bad thing! [Wink]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.