FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » American Idol question from a late country

Author Topic: American Idol question from a late country
Cashew
Member # 6023

- posted      Profile for Cashew   Email Cashew         Edit/Delete Post 
The latest series of American Idol has just started playing here in New Zealand, way behind, but they're stripping it for an hour every night, so we can catch up I guess. While I'm sure I don't fit the demographic (I'm 52, and will never buy an album of any of these guys), I love this show.
Anyway, we're still in the audition stage, and last night they were in Cleveland, where a girl who was 18 and rather large auditioned. When it came time for her to actually open her mouth and sing, there was sort of a coloured flash on the screen, and then we were seeing the panel's reactions. This was the girl to whom Simon said that she wouldn't have a chance because of the way she looked, and said that he was saying it to be nice. She owned her own karaoke company, if that jogs a memory.
This was the second time that happened. A couiple of shows earlier they did the same thing, this time with a young Latino (?) guy. My son, who keeps up with these things, thought this was the guy who quit the show later on, and so they couldn't show his audition because he'd signed a contract with somebody else already. That makes sense if it WAS the guy who quit the show, but I don't understand why they would do that to another contestant, especially one who obviously didn't make the cut.
Remember, we're seeing the show weeks/months after the US, so developments may have taken place that mean these edits are necessary, but I've never seen it on any other Idol show, and I've watched em all! It's very frustrating!
Anybody have any possible ideas?

Posts: 867 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
That's really odd... I can't answer your question, because I don't tend to watch the show that often, but I can't think of a reason why they wouldn't show her audition.

*curious*

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.