FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My first post (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: My first post
Imadopted
Member # 7807

- posted      Profile for Imadopted   Email Imadopted         Edit/Delete Post 
HI everybody!! I am new here and wanted to say hello and hope to make many new friends.. [The Wave] [Wave]
Posts: 13 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I once adopted a highway. We're like, going to be best friends, I can just tell. [Wink]

Yo, wassup, I'm T... uh... dawg. T_Dawg... you can call me Nate, or Nathan or Doc Ice.

So, what brings you to Hatrack?

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there! Welcome to Hatrack, I'm glad to have you here. Been lurking long?
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I hope your prepared to have your soul eaten...
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Since when did we trade actual eating of new members to eating of their souls?
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Imadopted
Member # 7807

WOW i am gonna get my soul eaten ummm how do i reply to that [Dont Know]
Posts: 13 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Try offering me a bribe.
Imadopted
Member # 7807

well i'll let you know when i come up with a good bribe
T_Smith
Member # 3734

I happen to have an attraction for cold hard cash.
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
Well I feel, since I was Slash's last victim, that I should continue the tradition, but I needed to think of a way to make it mine. Now I have done that and this is my first victim...
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Coins, Nathan? Personally, I prefer softer cash... you know, the folding kind.
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Ok, please continue. Also, I was never eaten by slash. I'd ask him, but it just sounds pathetic and needy. If you'd like, you can eat my soul. I hear Mormon soul tastes like Baby.
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

*prepares to inhale victims soul*
Imadopted
Member # 7807

Glad to see i am making friends already...like I said when i think of a bribe I'll let you know
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

*puts on bib*

Come closer T_Smith this newbie can wait his turn....

*evil laugh*

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Dude, you don't HAVE to think. Just give me money. Money is very nice.
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

*eats T_Smith's soul through a straw and holds hand out for money*
Imadopted
Member # 7807

Well let's see I am not a HIM in the first place
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

Okay, everyone be calm. With have a HER in the thread. Just act normal...

:breathe, breathe:

Is she gone?

.... then again, maybe we have an IT?

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Noted.

[Smile]

Imadopted
Member # 7807

wow thats not funny flyingcow i am not making fun of you [Smile]
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Imadopted, tell us about yourself, where are you from, how old are you (feel free to say adult), whatever, we're a curious bunch, and stryker only bites friends, its usually more of a breath thing.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

Well, you didn't clarify, really. Can't be biased against the nongendered, after all. You could have been an intelligent computer program, like Kama.

Trying to cover all the bases. [Taunt]

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing is like K.A.M.A., she/it is one of a kind.

Thanks God.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Imadopted
Member # 7807

Well hello everyone I am a 25 year old female from Colorado, I have 1 child I am outgoing down to earth fun caring person.. If you might have read Babager is my sister her and I finally met after 25 years so I decided I would post here because of all she told me about this site...so far it seems to be a great place
[Party]

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, awesome, welcome to hatrack. Any friend (or relative) of Babager is a friend of ours. [Wave]
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

hmmm I'm glad I'm only eating your soul, if i ate all of you nobody would be around to care for that baby of yours...

*Eats the newbie's soul*

Yummy, had a hint of cinnamon.

DocCoyote
Member # 5612

- posted      Profile for DocCoyote   Email DocCoyote         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah! Another Colorado person!
Posts: 230 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave]
Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, welcome to Hatrack! [Wave]
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, yeah, I remember Babager's story about that! Welcome to Hatrack...well, Hatcrack...enjoy yourself, and don't worry about the others. They're mostly harmless! *Pats JT on the head and gets hand bitten off*
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Imadopted
Member # 7807

what part of colorado DocCoyote?....and thanks for welcoming me everyone [Smile] [Wave]
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack, Imadopted! [Wave]

You came to the right place to find new friends, believe me! [Smile]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Tis better than most internet forums, that tis true.

Alright Stryker get your butt over here. *grabs Stryker by the scruff of his neck and gives him a few solid whacks on his back until the newbie's soul comes flying out*

Bad boy. Bad! We'll have no eating of newbies souls under my watch.

*turns to the newbie*

Sorry about that. He has a rough time accepting new people. You know, not quite right up here *points to his head*.

[Wink]

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome. I suppose that I can be considered a newbie myself, but I'd still like you to have a good feeling when entering the lion's den.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Heya Iam - just ignore Jt.

You don't have to worry about your soul hereabouts until you hit post 999.

A certain symbolism there, neh?

Welcome to Hatrack - may your stay be fruitful which is fitting, since we are best taken with a slice of lime and a grain of salt. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Imadopted
Member # 7807

Thanks ALCON I needed that [Smile] thanks for lookin out!!! and HI beanny [Wave]
Imadopted
Member # 7807

hey thanks Trevor for your nice message [Big Grin]
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Trevor -- Shouldn't it be post 666? [Wink]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Iamadopted!! [Wave]

I hope you have fun at Hatrack, I do. [ROFL]

Here is Babager's thread about her first meeting with Iamadopted a few weeks ago, her long-lost adopted little sister: My sister's name is Martha

A very touching story! I am such a sucker for a happy ending. [Big Grin] [Cry]

BTW, Ima, I was Mormo on Babager's thread. thread = topic.

[ April 14, 2005, 06:35 AM: Message edited by: Morbo ]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

*eats the regurgitated souls*

*eats Alcons soul as well*

Hmmm Alcon your soul had a hint of vinegar in it....

ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh! I'm so happy you decided to register! I really enjoyed reading the story of how you and Babager met. [Smile] Extra-double-special welcomes, then. [Wink]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Imadopted
Member # 7807

HEY Morbo Yes back on Babagers post i was Kaysmom and now I changed the name mostly cause I did not remember my info [Roll Eyes] but thanks for posting babagers old thread about our meeting! and thanks for the nice greeting.

I am so glad that you liked our post a few weeks ago, it has been going good for us I have learned a lot from everyone and I found my birth father also and him and I talk everyday, It is good to put a closure or well that isn't the right word...it is good to fill that void in my life that has been there for 25 years I can honestly say I feel more complete like that part of my life is whole..and guess what I am going to meet EVERYONE in June!!! I can't wait it should be a good time....
Thanks Eljay for the nice welcome

Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I am outgoing down to earth fun caring person.
All at once? Don't you get confused with all those character traits?
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Imadopted- I'm going to give you a bit of advice. Don't lie. Seriously. There will be a huge arguement, then everyone will hate you, then you cease to exist, then people love you again. Its best just to avoid it.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Yeah, when I got here, I was straight up front about being a 43 year old miserable woman from Buenos Aires... who was dying... and they LOVED me. Actually, I think they lied about loving me.
Imadopted
Member # 7807

WHAT are you talking about..I am in not lying about anything, so please just keep your little comments to yourself. [No No]
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
NOthing about you, really...they are amking an in-joke about newbies, and you haven't been here long enough to catch it, that's all.

For instance, T_Smith isn't really a woman, or for anywherre but the USA..but since you didn't know he was a tall, goofy looking 18 year old boy...er, man, sort of... who just married another long-time Jaquerta (that means hatracker, female variety), you didn;t get the joke.

Don't worry, you will, eventually...and at that point Hatrack WILL have your soul.

Muwhahahaha [Evil Laugh]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure T_Smith is older than eighteen...
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave] Welcome to Hatrack! My sister's name is Martha, too. She even posts occasionally.
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.