FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Is there a norwegian here ?

Author Topic: Is there a norwegian here ?
Lille Mu
Member # 7115

- posted      Profile for Lille Mu   Email Lille Mu         Edit/Delete Post 
I know that it' s an american site but as there is lot of fans from all over the world, I want to know if there is a nordman because I want to go to Norway next year and I'm interested to speak with an "innbygder"...
Posts: 28 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a norwegian. And I think there are at least two others. King of Men and Trondheim.
Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not from Norway, I'm from Bergen.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm almost 100% norwegian.
Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lille Mu
Member # 7115

Super !
Is anyone of you from Trondheim ? ("Trondheim", I guess, but he didn't answer)

Posts: 28 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lille Mu
Member # 7115

Nobody, really ?
I wanted to have some advice about the city, the life in Trondheim, etc...

King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
My parents lived there before I was born; it seems that's the closest the board gets. The best advice I can give you, though, is to move to Bergen instead. Bergen has the great advantage that toothbrush mustaches are not considered sexy (either on men or women). And, of course, we don't drink karsk.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Long live Sweden!
[Razz]
Hehe... I got to live in Sweden for a month back in '95 with my best friend from high school who was an exchange student from there. Awesome place. Go Scandinavia.

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lille Mu
Member # 7115

Hei !
Thanks for advice King of men but I think that it rains less in Trondheim than in Bergen, no ? (they don't sell umbrellas in the train station !!!) And I've allready chosen and as I go there as an exchange student, I can't change.
Have you not any serious advice ?!

King of Men
Member # 6684

Well, where are you exchanging from? Your name seems moderately Scandinavian; if so, well, one place is much like another. If you're coming in from outside Scandinavia, the best advice I can give you is to be prepared for a shock on the price of beer, much less karsk. In fact, you might want to go teetotal for a year or so.
Lille Mu
Member # 7115

In fact, I'm french. I choose this name from the Mumin books by Tove Jansson but I had only the french translation that's why it's not the right writing (which is I think : Lilla My or something like that). I know that prices in Norway and all Scandinavia are horribly high that's why I'll stay only 5 months...

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.