FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » 18 Dead in Paris hotel fire

Author Topic: 18 Dead in Paris hotel fire
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Link.

I heard this on the radio on the way in... 26 rooms were being used to house recent immigrents from Africa, at least 8 of the dead are children. Not that it really makes it any worse than otherwise, there's tragedy no matter who they were. But it's the details that make it hit home.

Sympathy and good thoughts to our French hatrackers... [Frown] *hugs*

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I heard it on the radio this morning too, but unfortunately they didn't say very much. Thanks for the link. [Frown]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sartorius
Member # 7696

- posted      Profile for Sartorius   Email Sartorius         Edit/Delete Post 
The count had risen to 20 when I heard about it. They said a lot of the people in the hotel were low-income immigrants being housed there by the government. There was only one stair case in the entire building.
Posts: 152 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
There was only one stair case in the entire building.
That's not exactly uncommon in Paris... [Frown]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I heard this last night on the radio, every hour the number of dead would climb. [Frown]
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.