FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A good feeling

Author Topic: A good feeling
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
So I went to the breakdancing show during the Hip Hop conference at my school today, and the breakdancers were phenomonal.

Something really cool happened though.

The MC's had everyone give someone nearby who they didn't know a "pump". (A kind of handshake/high five) There was this massive feeling of understanding, and peace, and even a little love in the room. There were many different races and ethnicities, and yet when everyone gave each other this pump, it was as if we were all saying, "we may not know each other, and we may be different, but you're all right by me."

I wish stuff like this happened more often,

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cool]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.