FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Welcome home, BobnDana!

Author Topic: Welcome home, BobnDana!
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
So, assuming flights are on schedule (big assumption, I know), BobnDana should be at the airport and KrabbyPatty is probably out there right now to pick them up. They do have a 3+ hour drive back to Iowa still ahead of them before they're really home. But this afternoon they'll be reunited with family (on dkw's side, at least) and Smokey...
Bets on one or both of them posting today before that Iowa drive?

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I vote with as soon as they walk in the door at home.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
No, it'll take longer than that... they have to fight over the computer, first.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
They have separate computers, don't they?
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Ah, ok. Never mind then.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I was just thinking today how much I have missed them.
Welcome back!

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

Home their own house in Radcliffe, or Home dkw's parents' house?
Though actually there's multiple computers in each one. But there would be a few hour time difference between one and the other.

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
*envisions a homecoming where all baggage is dropped in the first available spot and a quick stroll to the computer while attempting to project an air of complacency*

I'm sure they're knackered but we can't wait to hear all about their honeymoon (ooops, perhaps not all but lots anyway) Welcome Home Bob and Dana!!! [The Wave]

[ April 17, 2005, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Own house.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
What, they don't have laptops with wireless modems installed??? LOL
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
And satilite phones too, to post while driving?

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad they got back across the pond safely. I wonder if all their shopping fitted in their cases! We met up yesterday and browsed through Charing Cross Road bookshops and had coffee and desserts in a lovely cafe on Leicester Square (Bob to Dana: "Choose me something with lots of whipped cream... oh, and strawberries"). We talked and laughed and generally had a ball.
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome home, Bob and Dana! [Smile] Can't wait to hear about London.
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I got my gift already. [Smile] Yummy!
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread should definitely stay on the front page.

Welcome back Bob and Dana!

[Party] [Group Hug] [Hat]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

I think I lost the bet, except that no one bet against me.
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] [Cry] [Smile]
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

Rivka, you beat me at least. As OP I didn't explicitly say where my money was on this one, but I was pretty sure they'd post from here in MN. But they didn't stay for long, so I understand that. (I missed them entirely, being at work until 6:30) Bob has work to do tomorrow, and dkw has parishioners to get back to.
I suggest we pester them. (once a little brother, always a little brother)

rivka
Member # 4859

But . . . how do we pester them if they won't post?
ElJay
Member # 6358

[Evil Laugh]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

There are things that you two, as siblings, can get away with that I cannot.

Go for it. [Evil]

ElJay
Member # 6358

Nah. I'm not going to call them on their first night back from their honeymoon, after an international flight, when they're trying to re-adjust their sleep patterns. That would be just mean. Besides, they already admitted to check Hatrack twice while they were in London. I'm sure they'll be here bright and early tomorrow. [Smile]
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back, BobnDana!!! Hope you had a wonderful Honeymoon filled with beautiful memories that last a lifetime.

[The Wave]

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

And if they're not here bright and early, then you call them, right?

What? O:)

Raia
Member # 4700

[No No]
twinky
Member # 693

I'm with Raia on this one. They'll come back when they're good and ready.

[Smile]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Well, ya figure they've got to be up.... they need to let the dog out. [Wink]

Still ain't gonna call. [Razz]

quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep. Ain't gonna go there. NosirreeBobnDana.

Welcome back!

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave]

Got hit by lightning while we were gone. Fried a switch, so no internet or phone when we got home. Fixed now, and computers, phones, etc are fine.

I'll download pictures and my travel journal later today. Nice to see you all.

So, what exciting things happened while we were offline?

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Janitor
Member # 7795

- posted      Profile for Papa Janitor           Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing much.

--Pop

Posts: 441 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

She already knew about that. *pout* I tried to surprise her with it yesterday.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, shoot.... Welcome back anyway, guys.

So... what happened while you were gone? Hmmm????

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

[ROFL]

I knew it would take an Act of God to keep them from getting on Hatrack last night.

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

[Big Grin]

Actually, we didn't even try last night. We got home at 9:30, which was 3:30am London time, and collapsed. Found out this morning around sixish and had to wait for the phone company to open at eight.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I assume you're talking about rivka's post, rather than mine?
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Papa, apparently communications for that kind of thing requires some outside help when you're knackered.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

:choke:

Yeah, I was. Though it would be accurate for either, I suppose.

rivka
Member # 4859

O_O

You're not supposed to almost kill her on the first morning back! [No No]

Wait until tomorrow, at least.

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome home, amis. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Huzzah!
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Sopwith
Member # 7524

- posted      Profile for Papa Sopwith           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome home and may the years ahead be filled with blessings beyond your wildest, shared dreams!
Posts: 9 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

[Smile]
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
First day back? Wow, she must have a great insurance policy then... [Wink]

Welcome back!

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

So, what exciting things happened while we were offline?

Well, to start with, your house got hit by lightning...
Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome home, many blessings, and I'm so glad you weren't there when lightening struck. Hope that the time change adjustment goes smoothly!

*is still laughing at rivka's observation that it would take an act of God to keep them from posting*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aunty Eem
Member # 7743

- posted      Profile for Aunty Eem   Email Aunty Eem         Edit/Delete Post 
Dana and Bob---I hope the Honeymoon was grand!!! [The Wave]
Posts: 63 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
BOB n DANA!! (clap-clap!)
BOB n DANA!! (clap-clap!)
[The Wave]

Doesn't that make a great cheer?

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.