FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Help! Turbo Teething Questions!

Author Topic: Help! Turbo Teething Questions!
dawnmaria
Member # 4142

- posted      Profile for dawnmaria   Email dawnmaria         Edit/Delete Post 
I need your help! I am new at this. My baby will be 6 months old next Saturday. She got her 1st tooth(Fred) last week. She was fussy, drooly, etc. All that I expected. But today, Fred was joined by Daphne & Velma. I swear they weren't there this morning! She is howling and crying and nothing is working! I've given her Tylenol and Orejel and still she wails! The frozen chewy thing helped some and I got a little baggy thing on a pacifier to put frozen fruit in but the fruit won't be frozen 'til tomorrow. Please do any of you parents out there have any advice? We're deperate! [Wall Bash]
Posts: 601 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
On occasion, Superstation did well with crushed ice in a washcloth. Nothing worked for us every time, though -- sorry. Um... Hyland's teething tablets did well at times, too.

Good luck....

[Edit: Oh yeah --try the Tylenol for yourself instead. That served us well, too.]

[ April 17, 2005, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: Papa Moose ]

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Pour one shot of bourbon. Dip finger in, and rub on baby's gums. Down remainder of shot.

Repeat as necessary.

Hard pretzels (no salt on the outside), teething biscuits, a carrot that has been cooked and then frozen solid -- each has been known to help.

Good luck!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dawnmaria
Member # 4142

- posted      Profile for dawnmaria   Email dawnmaria         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys! The bourbon is tempting! What are the tablets? I saw some at the baby store by Little but I didn't really know what they were. She finally wore herself out crying. Slept until 3 and we started all over again. How long does it take to get all the teeth?
Posts: 601 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Far longer than you'd like, and a bit longer than sanity.

Doesn't clove oil help? Someone? Anyone? I seem to recall my sister using something like that - it naturally numbed the gums I think. [Confused]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.