FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm really excited about the papal conclave

Author Topic: I'm really excited about the papal conclave
Susie Derkins
Member # 7718

- posted      Profile for Susie Derkins   Email Susie Derkins         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know why, but I keep reading every news report I can find about the conclave to choose the new Pope. I'm not Catholic, but I really do love Catholics and admire their faith and convictions.

Reading about the "Popefuls" (I did not make that up) makes me very excited and anxious. The diversity of the Catholic world intrigues me and reading about the cardinals from Nigeria, Mexico, Colombia and Argentina fills me with the same inexpicable bubbliness I felt when my own church chose a German apostle last fall.

Is that a bit strange? What do all of you think? What do the Catholics among us think?

Posts: 285 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I find myself oddly interested as well. At lunch today, there was a TV turned to CNN in the restaurant. I normally hate eating places with TVs, but CNN had a little box in the corner that was live watching the chimney where the white smoke will come out when they pick the new pope. I kept watching it... it just seems it would be really cool to see that happen.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd love to see a Latin American or African pope.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Not Today...
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
The BBC made a typo!

quote:
As the first smoked emerged it was not clear if it was white or black

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

[Eek!] [Wink]

I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who things the world is crumbling when BBC makes a typo, although it's not the first I've seen.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susie Derkins
Member # 7718

- posted      Profile for Susie Derkins   Email Susie Derkins         Edit/Delete Post 
....two, actually:

quote:
The cardinals eligible to vote in the conclave will be shut off from the outside until they chose the man....

Posts: 285 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Heck, I didn't even read the article. Good eye.

Edit: Did I just make post number 6,666 on a thread about the Pope? Yes, I believe I did. [Angst]

[ April 18, 2005, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susie Derkins
Member # 7718

Quick! Post again! (And I'd post a Hail Mary just to be safe)
twinky
Member # 693

Hail Mary!
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
What's with the repeations of " posts: 6667 "
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

I'll be up to 6,670 in a minute. [Razz]
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who things the world is crumbling when BBC makes a typo, although it's not the first I've seen.
*snicker*
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

[Razz]

I just wrote an exam, okay?

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I'll forgive you. This time. [Wink]
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.