FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » does the Soviet National Anthem amke you feel giddy inside or what?

Author Topic: does the Soviet National Anthem amke you feel giddy inside or what?
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.stonyroad.de/dload.php?action=file&file_id=94

Everytime I listen to it I feel proud of something. Don't know what to be proud of but still be proud of something.

From the same time you can get a few nifty other things.

Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
They probably went and hired some really good composer to write it. Just like the Russians, neh? [Smile]
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

Actually a man by the name of Tekosky oh umm... I can't spell it, a russian name. But yeah a russian wrote it after wwii.
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desdemona
Member # 7100

- posted      Profile for Desdemona   Email Desdemona         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel rather stupid. How exactly do you download it? I go to the page, then what?
Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Never mind the inferior site linked to by that HoI-playing noob. Here is a site with lots of good music! I recommend 'Gettysburg' in the US/UK section when you're done with the Soviet National Anthem.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ProverbialSunrise
Member # 7771

- posted      Profile for ProverbialSunrise   Email ProverbialSunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
Are there any other songs you would recommend from that site?
Posts: 132 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
"Katiusha", from the USSR, and "Lili Marlene" (not the Wehrmacht version) from the German. I also like "Song of the Plains", "Kossack's Song" and the "Red October Hymn" from the USSR. For some reason, most of the good ones seem to be Russian.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Every time I hear it it reminds me of Red October. The movie, that is. [Wink]
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susie Derkins
Member # 7718

- posted      Profile for Susie Derkins   Email Susie Derkins         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a cool site, KoM!

I discovered that one of the songs in our Hymn Book, called Glorious Things of Thee Are Spoken is not only a lovely Haydn tune, but also the German National Anthem! Now every time we sing it in church, I have to squelch the desire to sing "Deutsche Frauen, deutsche Treue, Deutscher Wein und deutscher Sang!"

tee hee hee

Posts: 285 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ProverbialSunrise
Member # 7771

- posted      Profile for ProverbialSunrise   Email ProverbialSunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
I played Glorious Things of thee are Spoken on Trumpet last year. It was a hard piece.
Posts: 132 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Tchaikovsky wrote the USSR National Anthem.

Either way, it IS a very powerful piece of music, I love it.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

Yes thats who wrote it but I couldn't remember how to spell his name.
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

And I'm not a noob.

I am an proffesional gamer. *smug*

Sid Meier
Member # 6965

oh and thanks for the link.
Susie Derkins
Member # 7718

- posted      Profile for Susie Derkins   Email Susie Derkins         Edit/Delete Post 
Edit: Wow, was that the wrong thread or what?

[ April 18, 2005, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: Susie Derkins ]

Posts: 285 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

this has what to do with Russian Post COlonial music?
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, man...IMO you are a nOOb, at least here.

That is just my opinion though.

[ April 18, 2005, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
I know. I discovered that song my freshmen year. It really does make you want to be courageuos and die for the motherland or fatherland or androgynoussexland or whatever.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
*dmitri plug*

You need to hear Dmitri Hvorostovsky sing Katyusha. It's so cool

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susie Derkins
Member # 7718

quote:
I am an proffesional gamer. *smug*
Wow. I had no idea there was such a thing. You play games for a living?
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

I wish, though there is a career called "Beta testing" though you aren't payed for it.

I AM NOT A NOOB!

And yes I want to be a game developer/designer.

Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
From some reason, I can't find the link on the page that actually allows me to hear it. [Blushing]

Can I have some technical support?

Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
That's an awesome music link! Thanks! I wish I could find a page with all the lyrics to the Russian songs in the English alphabet, but still in Russian. I've totally forgotten how to read Cyrillic.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

Anyone who prefers HoI to Vicky is by definition a noob. As for game development, have you made a Tetris clone yet? Until you do, you can't even aspire to the title of wannabe.

Incidentally, are you a member of this site? Very useful indeed.

Sid Meier
Member # 6965

How am I supposed ot have a preference? Hoi2 is the ONLY game by paradox I own. I'm certain that they are good games I'll become obsessed with them when I get to it.
King of Men
Member # 6684

So, you own one game and yet you consider yourself a non-noob? Something is wrong with your logic there, young padawan.
urbanX
Member # 1450

- posted      Profile for urbanX   Email urbanX         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Something is wrong with your logic there, young padawan.
[ROFL]
Posts: 421 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

okay finally the link worked I'll register once I have free time today, recently justplayed EU2 it was so and so never had a game that was both HARDER and EASIER then Hoi2. as for Vicky asap. As for only owning *one* game I own about 50-60 games with 12~ installed at any one time, recently I've been more tuned to FPS since with my comp time compresse a little I can do alot more in less time. o I have to wait for my sister to move back to her apartment then I'm free.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.