FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Brothers In Arms

Author Topic: Brothers In Arms
gossip
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for gossip           Edit/Delete Post 
Brothers in Arms is a game that I got today, and it is not a disappointment. If you are looking for a game thats more strategic than the average 1st person shooter, I suggest this one. True, it isn't a multiplayer game where you can have 24 some odd players like Call of Duty, or Halo, but it is still an amazing experience.

If anyone else is playing, my registered multiplayer name is TSmith, and would love to play with some hatrackers at one point.

Posts: 51 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*this game also works to keep bored husbands from bugging their working wives
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Surely SOMEONE has played this game.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't but I want to... it looks freakin' awesome. Unfortunately, I have no time for gaming right now, but may in May and June... can I catch you then?
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
If I had the petty cash and a box to run it, maybe. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I have no idea what you're talking about, but you reminded me to fish out my Dire Straits albums.

Aaahhh...

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

I got it for about 21 bucks, and it has been WEEEEELLLL spent. This game relies more on strategy and planning than "run in there and shoot everyone to smithereens"- though there is some of that involved as well.

What I like most about this is the ability to command troops in a 1st person shooter environment by telling them to "go here" or "fire on these guys" or "charge in there and kill them!" The graphics alone are impressive enough to enjoy the game, but the gameplay itself is by far the most impressive thing.

I find myself constantly being pulled into the story, and remembering why I'm not a soldier.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Pffft - one reason among many.

And that wasn't intended to be rude, harsh or a criticism of you.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

No no, I picked up on that. [Smile]

Anyway, this is the game that I've really been wanting for a while. It really does show you how good of a tactician and commander you are- in fact, should an Enders Game universe game actually be made, I think this is the format for that.

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I think you need to come into the living room and play Halo with me. My eyes are falling out from all the data entry.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Even though you just took a nap?

[Smile]

Ok, I'm coming.

TMedina
Member # 6649

[Taunt]

Have fun kids. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

mackillian
Member # 586

I don't think I even really take a nap. I just sorta laid there on the bed, rolled around enough to mess up the covers, realized it's too warm to be comfortable, and wandered back to the living room.

Oh! You're here! Yeay!

Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
I prefere the Dire Strait's title. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
YOu know, since you two are in the same household, there is a new device that allows communication between spouses.

It is called a mouth.

You should use it mroe ofthen, it has all sorts of "easter egg" applications, too.

[Evil]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

[ROFL]
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
[Evil]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.