FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » dean!

Author Topic: dean!
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Dean, I saw your well wishing in the thread about my father's gall bladder problems. Welcome back! How's your life going these days?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dean
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for dean   Email dean         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Noemon, 2005 is shaping out to be good but quiet as far as years go. 2004 was the worst year of my life so far. 2003 was pretty good. I think before that, I was regularly here. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1751 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Sorry to hear that 2004 was so bad--hope that 2005 continues to not suck. [Smile]

Have you lurked much, or is this your first time back in years?

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Hiya, dean! [Wave]

I saw your post in Noemon's thread, too.

Are you back? [Smile]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know you, but welcome back... [Monkeys]
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IdemosthenesI
Member # 862

- posted      Profile for IdemosthenesI   Email IdemosthenesI         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, your name is dean. You had a really crappy 2004...

Were you ever the governor of Vermont?

Posts: 894 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dean
Member # 167

It's my first time back in about one year.

I finally got one of those jobs that lets you use the Internet if there's no work to do. And I ran out of my usual methods of not being bored because it's quiet. Today has been deathly quiet.

I thought about calling out this morning, but came in because I thought I'd be needed. (That's another nifty perk! Paid sick-days!)

I feel fine now, but I almost wish I'd called out considering we had long periods of inactivity today, and I have to go to my other job tonight.

Posts: 1751 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dean
Member # 167

I don't know if I'm back. I'm about halfway though the fat-thread, though.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi dean. Its great to see you. Hope to see you around more often.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
dean, it's good to see you again. [Smile]
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Check out the Sakeriver forums if you get a chance.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember you (and how excited people were to see you) from when you flitted through a while ago. Good to see you again. [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dean
Member # 167

I tried to register, Noemon, but it didn't send an email to my email account, so it won't let me do anything! Alert someone who can help me, please?
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Rory!
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I've missed you, too, dean. You're like the third Hatracker I ever met. Good to see you.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I tried to register, Noemon, but it didn't send an email to my email account, so it won't let me do anything! Alert someone who can help me, please?
Send me an email from the account you tried to register from. I'll see what I can do.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Mike owns the site, so you've attracted the attention of the right person. In the meantime you can post over there as a guest, unless the whole prostitution and tobacco selling thing finally spurred Mike to disable that feature.
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
All the schools are currently sporting a no tobacco sign that has the word "tobacco" written in these old timing brown letters with white piping on them that make them look more like they are conveying the message "Tobacco is cool". Or Tobacco is a Hostess chocolate cupcake. I bet they were supplied by a tobacco company as part of their plea bargain thing.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dean
Member # 167

I didn't see a way to post as a guest.
Noemon
Member # 1115

It was obvious enough that I occasionally had problems with unintentionally doing so, so if you looked for it and didn't see it, I'd guess that Mike shut that capability down. The fact that we haven't had anybody posting anything about Russian mail-order brides would support this.
saxon75
Member # 4589

Yeah, I turned off guest posting after the second or third spam thread.

dean, did you get the email I sent you? I've been having some problems with my outgoing mail, so it may not have gotten through. Basically, I looked through the system and you don't seem to be in there anywhere, so my best advice is to just try again and if you get any error messages, pass them on to me.

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back Deany! That is wild! I just this second told Grisha I should invite you guys to go do something sometime. Then I check hatrack and you're back! Glad you have a job that lets you post now.
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dean
Member # 167

I got it just now. If I try to say, "Hey, I lost my password," it says, "Sorry, but your password cannot be retrieved because your account is currently inactive. Please contact the forum administrator for more information." If I try to make a new account, it won't let me because it says that my email address is already in use by another account. Can you look again? If not, I'll try again with another email address and username, but the one I used (cleverhans at juno dot com) is my primary one.
dean
Member # 167

Hey Tatiana! I wondered if you were still around! Do you still live where you lived? How are your cats?
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Yes I still live where I lived. Brando died last year. The other three are doing well. How about yours?
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dean
Member # 167

I'm sorry about Brando. Do the others miss him?

I still have Heidi, Lainey, and Tiki, and a new one called Kismet who is solid black and about a year old. He bullies the others a lot, but they're only just now getting to know each other.

I guess for me the biggest change is that Mikey and I aren't together anymore.

Kismet belongs to my new boyfriend, James.

Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
I guess for me the biggest change is that Mikey and I aren't together anymore.
I wondered, when you said that 2004 had been your worst year so far, if that might be the case. Sorry things didn't work out for you guys.
saxon75
Member # 4589

quote:
I got it just now. If I try to say, "Hey, I lost my password," it says, "Sorry, but your password cannot be retrieved because your account is currently inactive. Please contact the forum administrator for more information." If I try to make a new account, it won't let me because it says that my email address is already in use by another account. Can you look again? If not, I'll try again with another email address and username, but the one I used (cleverhans at juno dot com) is my primary one.
Found you. I manually activated your account, so you should be able to get in now. If you need your password reset, let me know and I will email you a temporary one.
dean
Member # 167

I'm logged in! Thank you!
Noemon
Member # 1115

You know, they've done studies that indicate that the more unplesant initiation into a group is, the more people value membership in that group. I think that this whole this is just Mike's way of trying to get new Sakeriver members to be more loyal to the site.
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Drive By really misses him a lot. Mouse and she have never reconciled so she lives in my room and Mouse and Felicity live in the rest of the house.

I guess you'll have to break it to Heidi that her buddy Brando is gone. He missed her a lot I think, from the very start. I'm glad your kitties are doing well.

I'm sorry to hear that you and Mikey aren't together anymore. I have your Indian Art book still, the one from that world of art series that we both like. You don't happen to have my blue swimsuit that I loaned you, do you?

dean
Member # 167

I don't think I took the blue bathing suit with me, but if I did, I likely don't still have it. I've moved four times in the past year or so.

Who is this Grima, Anne Kate?

Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi deany! Welcome back. [Smile]
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Not Grima, Grisha!

So are you still in our fair city? Or did your moves take you far away?

Give Heidi a nuzzle for me! I wish we could have kept her. She's awesome!

dean
Member # 167

So who's Grisha then?

I live in Southside, actually, and I work in Eastwood and Trussville.

Tatiana
Member # 6776

Cool! Grisha is Grisha. If you're working with the same outfit you were before then maybe Grisha and BunnV and I will wander in sometime this weekend and I can introduce you.
dean
Member # 167

I'm working at the "same outfit" in Trussville, very part time. I work at a bank in your neighborhood, though. I could drop in Tuesday night and say hello, if you like.
Tatiana
Member # 6776

That would be nice! Then I can give you back your Indian Art book. [Smile]
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, deany! Good to see you again. [Wave]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.