FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I am ok (mostly for medicos and people who love me)

Author Topic: I am ok (mostly for medicos and people who love me)
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
About two years ago, on a Thursday morning the day before the 4-H dog show, during pre fair stuff, I woke up a bit early (maybe 8 instead of 10), with terrible pain on my left side between my hip bone and belly button. I went to the doctor that morning, and vomitted while waiting, they gave me something to stop the vomitting and a shot for pain. That was it, they were like "ok you're sick" I just sort of slept through Thursday. Friday I felt totally fine, so did my dog show, which lasted from 6 pm till midnight, by my turn to show, sometime after 11, I was freezing but had a fever and laying on the concrete floor in pain. Needless to say i didn't win the dog show (it was obediance), and spent that night in the emergency room. That doctor had a few more guesses, and decided it was an ovarian cyst. Saturday and Sunday I mostly slept and quickly went to the fair to see how my 4-H projects did. I had to miss the Showmanship dogshow, the one I actually had a "*chance" to win, but they gave me a trophy and get well card. Monday I had an appointment with a gynocologist who confirmed i'd had a cyst, relatively normal that may have popped and the stuff had been reabsorbed. That week was very hard because I hadn't been eating much and was tired from the pain meds. But I got over it, and everything had been ok since then.

Yesterday I was volunteering at the local spay neuter vet clinic like i do most weeks when I felt that exact same pain. I went home, took a nice bath, called the doctor who said to take a perscription painkiller I had, and go to the ER if it got any worse, or come in the next day. I finally fell asleep around 1 last night, and feel pretty good right now, i'll probably go in to the doctor in a bit, after class but before 4-H, maybe instead of getting groceries.

Thanks for reading this, I just needed to write it.

*Chance is my dog who enjoys showmanship.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*hug* That sucks. Feel better soon!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it the 4-H? [Wink]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*nod* Yes, I know I'm allergic to that sort of thing. [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Very possibly except for the fact I've probably had 90 meetings since the last time, 3 dog shows, a cat show, and a two week trip. [Smile] It could be dogs, or maybe it's stuff to look forward to.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
[Group Hug] Hope you feel better.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] Hope everything's okay.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been through the cyst cycle. Not fun, I've have many, many cysts rupture over the years.

If you suspect you have one you should get to a gyn that can do an internal ultrasound. You'll want the cyst to be measured, and then usually you'll go back in a week or so to have it measured again to note any changes. Sometimes they reabsorb without rupturing. Sometimes they rupture. For the most part, it's a watch and see problem - very rarely does the doctor need to do anything except treat your pain and monitor you. I'm sorry, it's not fun.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
*huggles Sarah* [Frown] Feel better superfast!!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Thanks everyone, I made an appointment with a gyn for next week, and they'll check stuff out then, but if I feel gross again between now and then, I'll go then. Raia, I'm feeling good enough now to be moderately social.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I just needed to say I'm almost better but still don't feel good and need to. Oh and Belle I printed out what you said just because it seemed like you knew what i was going through and it would help.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.