FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Friday Night...Prom? What Prom!

Author Topic: Friday Night...Prom? What Prom!
screechowl
Member # 2651

- posted      Profile for screechowl   Email screechowl         Edit/Delete Post 
So, this is my last year as a high school principal. I have been doing the prom thing for 36 years.

So what do you do when the DJ shows up late and then his music equipment doesn't work? You have all the prom goers standing there and no lights, no music, nothing. [Angst]

It has been definite first for me. And a last.

Posts: 440 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You have all the prom goers standing there and no lights, no music, nothing
That is so sad-- those poor kids. [Frown]
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
screechowl
Member # 2651

- posted      Profile for screechowl   Email screechowl         Edit/Delete Post 
They felt that way.

I suggested the DJ try to use our PA system and he got something going about 1 1/2 hrs late.

No lights and fancy stuff, but at least some music over the PA.

I am sure they are disappointed.

Posts: 440 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't pay him a dime, and let the other schools know not to use him again.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
screechowl
Member # 2651

The young guy in charge feels like whale s*** on the bottom of the ocean. He says the company pres. will call me Monday.

I think that meeting will be about money.

Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, if you need a recommendation, I can make you a good one. Try contacting Complete Music, they have offices in Manhattan and a bunch of other larger towns. The company pretty much caters to school events, parties, and weddings. (Remember my storm chasing buddy from Omaha? He's one of their DJs.)
Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Too bad no one had at least boombox at school, or could run home and get one (since you in a small town) and play a few CDs of their own until he got it going.....
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.