FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Interpreter

Author Topic: The Interpreter
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
I unexpectedly saw this movie last night.

I say unexpectedly because the first I knew we were going out was when the babysitter arrived. I had just put my hair up in an Odango. O_O

Anyway, this was not a movie i'd have chosen to see, but most of the movies I want to see aren't out yet. It was pretty good, I thought, though I admit my expectations were low.

I like Nichole Kidman, I really do. Didn't there used to be more of her?

There were a few scenes that even made me want to take back every bad thing I've ever thought about Sean Penn. Not quite, but it came close. He'd better never get Botox injections, though. If he couldn't wrinkle-up his forehead, his career would be over.

Still, some of the dialogue was clever and fun and believable. The plot sort of burst out in expected ways at the very end, though. Contrived plot twistyness (just a little... the scene with her and the head of state seemed a bit... forced) sort of blew the story away like so much dandylion fluff. But it had some good points about revenge, and the UN building... GAH! who wouldn't gape a bit at the setting?

The Trailers were fun. When they finally gave the title to Cinderelle Man, Ron just giggled and said THAT wasn't what he was expecting. (Renee Zellweger looks like crap with dark hair, BTW.) It was one of those trailers where you really don't need to see the movie if you've seen the trailer, since it gives away the whole plot except for the very end (which you don't care about, since the characters don't mean jack to you after 30 seconds).

War of the Worlds looked good from the teasey trailer. I hadn't seen anything about it before that. Didn't even know it had Tom Cruise. Good Trailer, anyway.

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent
Member # 7850

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent         Edit/Delete Post 
I was crying at the end of the trailer to Cinderella Man. Trailers are always more powerful to me than the actual movie . . . [Cry]
Posts: 231 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
CT: [Kiss]

I meant to get a picture, but I had to take it down in a hurry, 'cause it didn't go with the outfit I'd picked out. I will, though. [Wink]

I really need at least 5 or 6 inches more length for it to look just right. Maybe a foot.

I bet CT in an Odango would be something to behold, though. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I had just put my hair up in an Odango. O_O
A what?
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, like Sailor Moon. Gotcha.

(No, before anyone says it, I don't watch Sailor Moon. That doesn't mean I don't know what she looks like. Sheesh. [Roll Eyes] )

Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Trying to picture an adult woman in a durango.

Fails.

-Trevor

PS Although I'm sure it would look very cute on you. [Big Grin]

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.