FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Waking people up

Author Topic: Waking people up
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, because I'm bored and sleepy at work...

Post the most creative way you've ever used to wake a person up.

Bearing in mind, of course, that this is a FAMILY forum.

[No No]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't tell you the most creative. [Big Grin] But I have done some pretty mean things to my husband, and my brother before him...
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

Mean is good, too. [Big Grin]

Anything to keep me from dozing off at the terminal.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I stayed with a friend this weekend who has a 14-month-old baby. I asked her if the little girl ever managed to wake her up, since she was the quietest child I'd ever been around.

"Oh yes," the Mom explained. "She won't do it vocally, but has other ways of getting me to wake up. The other day, she had crawled into my bed and I awoke with the strange sensation of an icy little finger in my butt crack."

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

[ROFL]
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
My two year old likes to wake me up by crawling into bed with me, sticking his finger up my nose and declaring, "You have boogers!"

When I was a kid, as a practical joke I set my clock for 3 AM and hid it under my gram's bed.

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmm, the meanest is to pinch his nose closed and then cover his mouth. When he starts choking trying to draw in air, I let go and he wakes up. [Evil Laugh] I only do that after several attempts have failed and he's going to be late for something, though. Then, one time I just dropped (not literally) the baby on his chest and let her stick her fingers into his mouth, nose, and eyes and pull his hair; but he didn't wake, so she got frustrated, slapped his cheeks a few times, and when that didn't work, put her face right next to his and yelled. [ROFL] That got him. (I have to say, though, it was very cute that even in his sleep, she started to slip off his chest and he wrapped his arm around her protectively to keep her from falling. Awww!)
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oh, and when I was little, I used to run into my dad's room, take a flying leap, and land on his chest. Muahahahaha!
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
My wife tells me that staying up late to watch TV while she goes to bed, then finally coming to bed in the dark, plopping heavily onto the bed, tugging on the blankets, tossing and turning until I'm comfortable, all while groaning and coughing, is a highly effective way to wake her up.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

I also like to wake up my teenage sister by letting the cat sit on her and bat at her eyelids.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

I think I've decided I'm never rooming with KQ again.

[Angst]

UofU, oddly enough, that method works for my husband for waking me up, as well.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Megan, I didn't do anything to you! I only do these things to people whom I need to get back at for something. [Evil]
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
My friend once woke up his little brother by carefully placing his stereo speakers on either side of his head, placing the record needle on "The 1812 Overture," cranking the volume to high, and getting out of the house before it started.

[ April 25, 2005, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: Chris Bridges ]

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Heh. That reminds me of the time my roommate asked me specifically to wake her up before 8:00.

Unbeknownst to her, I had just acquired a copy of the Oklahoma! sound track and there was, coincidentally, a bright golden haze on the meadow that morning...

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Hehe.. one of the best was when I was at college. Me and a few others snuck up on a sleepy frat Brother... beat him with "boffs", swords made of PVC pipe and foam, tied him up with duck tape and left him in front of the hall director's door.
[Evil]

[eep! Thanks Trev!]

[ April 25, 2005, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: Telperion the Silver ]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahem.

You mightwant to adjust that typo before Freud rears his head. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a good story from college when a student fell asleep in his Sexual Ethics class...
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

KQ, you didn't do it at WenchCon cause you didn't know me that well. I'm afraid of your scary waking up capabilities, though!
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
*heh* No problem.

I was going to say, that's a heck of a frat. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
Bernard is so durn cute waking up, I don't have the heart to be mean... Yet.

I did once jump on Adriann's bed and yell 'fire' when she wouldn't get up for school.

I also had a friend who was particularly evil, tied his brother's feet to his bedposts and put a flame to the fire alarm.

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
*wants to hear mack's story*
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
airhorn... indoors... from about 6 feet away... I was 15, my brother was 11 and was refusing to get up for something the whole family was going to do together. I'd accidentally brought the airhorn home from football practice the day before (we used it to signal the end of a drill period), and I was frustrated that he was holding everyone up, so I blasted him.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.