FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I just had my first Hatrack dream. Why did it have to be so strange and scary? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I just had my first Hatrack dream. Why did it have to be so strange and scary?
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the dream.

I was attending the funeral of a Hatracker. Th burial site was on the bank of a river. As the casket was being carried to the site, it somehow fell into the river and floated downstream. I was one of the people asked to chase it and retrieve it. Once we go it out of the water, we had to open it to check on the body. We then carried the casket back to the gravesite. It happened again. We had to chase it downstream again. Of course, we had to open it to check on the condition of the body. When we got to the gravesite the second time, the funeral director swore and that's when I woke up. [Eek!] [Eek!]

I'm reluctant to mention the name of the Hatracker because of the strange nature of the dream and the fact that this person is younger than I am.

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
because we are strange and scary....

hmmm... fell in the river huh? Another Hatracker baptized?? [Evil]

You are going to have us dying with curiousity of who it was in that casket, you know.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Was it me? [Razz]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
And it was a posthumous baptism! [Eek!]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imenimok
Member # 7679

- posted      Profile for imenimok           Edit/Delete Post 
*attempts to get Derrell off the hook by distracting people from the mystery person*

My only Hatrack dream involved some friends from high school, AJ, ElJay and mack...and a very rough night. [Big Grin]

Posts: 226 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

I imagine it has to be someone Derrell has met in real life -- for him to be able to picture them in his dream...
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

imenimok - who are you when you're not landmark-dodging? I missed that transition somewhere....
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have to have met someone in RL to picture them in a dream. Hell, I don't even need a photo, my brain just makes up a person and tells me "hey, that's soandso."

What's weird is that I've had a very similar dream a couple times. Except I was in the casket. So maybe that's a common one like teeth dreams or public nudity dreams or lost baby dreams.

Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
imenimok, I was in your dream? Cool! I think this is the first time someone has posted I was in a Hatrack dream. What kind of a rough night???
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Come on Derrel, just say ho it was. It was only a dream and if it had been a warning of disaster, then at least let us know so we can be cautious...
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imenimok
Member # 7679

- posted      Profile for imenimok           Edit/Delete Post 
FG, I'm fiazko. I thought you knew.

ElJay, the only thing I really remember is the lot of us gathering around AJ in and near a tent-like structure as she attempted to rouse herself the morning after. I guess she partied the hardest of all [Smile] I think there was a big house involved also, and AJ's tent was on its lawn. The weirdest part for me was that the people from high school were people I haven't seen or talked to since.

Posts: 226 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
*also wants to know who it is*

Derrell, that's a very frightening dream! Eeek!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

Actually, it was someone I haven't met yet. That's one of the things that makes it so strange. I'm not sure how the person would feel knowint I'd dreamed that they died.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

your missing the important point..

.. how will the rest of us feel about you now if you DON'T TELL US after giving us all these great teasers..

Derrell
Member # 6062

Here's a question. Should I mention who it is? I know a lot of you are curious, but I don't know how this person would react.
Derrell
Member # 6062

One reason I'm reluctant to mention the person's name is that some people believe that dreams can be glimpses into the future or premonitions.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I doubt it's me, but if it is, I know exactly what the dream means.

I'm so tired I feel half-dead. And it's raining . . . I just hope I don't get THAT wet.

[Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if I'm younger than you or not, but if it's me, feel free. [Smile]

Added: Especially because I'm just tickled at the idea of trying to escape the grave even after death, although I'd feel bad about making you do all that work. [Big Grin] Besides, I want to be cremated anyway.

[ April 28, 2005, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
If it's me, then post it. I don't mind.

Engagements, my own funeral...my life in Hatracker's dreams can be much more exciting than my real life.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bambiraptor
Member # 7874

- posted      Profile for Bambiraptor   Email Bambiraptor         Edit/Delete Post 
I think you should tell us... You're cruel giving us a lot of hints. [Razz]
Posts: 36 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

It wasn't you, Kat. OK, I'll tell. It was Jamie's funeral. I'm not one for remembering dreams, but this one I remember vividly.
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Phew, for a second there I thought the dreams involving me hitting people with hammers had returned. Wait, was it a hammer or something else?

Feyd Baron, DoC

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
That's not so weird - there have been pictures of her up lately, so it's very easy to understand why the brain request for "image of a Hatracker" would come up with her.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

The dream itself was strange. I remember every detail. I even remember the swear word the funeral director used after the second time we had to retrieve the casket from the river.
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
who's jamie? [Dont Know]
Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

mackillian

[ April 28, 2005, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Have you watch "six feet under" recently, Derrel ? This could explain that (or at last that's what it did to me).
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
Has the person posted on your thread yet?
Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

No, I haven't watched Six Feet Under. I have watched that new show on A&E called Family Plots.
Derrell
Member # 6062

lem, I mentioned who it is and she hasn't posted in this thread, yet.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, death or funerals in dreams is often a symbol of re-birth. Maybe your unconcious is telling you you should support her in her quest to find her life's path, no matter what direction it takes. And by her, you may mean you, or someone very close to you. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

kq, that's an interesting interpretation. I have been feeling rather unsure about my path as far as career goes. I'm not a hundred percent sure what I want to be when I grow up. Thanks for giving me something to think about.

It was still a weird dream, though.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Or it could mean you need to buy a calendar and a t-shirt from her to help her out. Whatever. [Razz]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

I'm intrigued by your first interpretation. Does anyone know where I can find some information on dream interpretation?
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Jamie's out of the house right now, but I think she'll just kind of nod and say "And?"

For some weird reason, I knew it was her. Now THAT'S creepy.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Ah... I think it's just because you have been viewing her wonderful very spiritual photographs...

[Wink]

aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I don't blame him for swearing. You're supposed to take the body out of the carrier before placing it into BloodRiver. While the Lords of Judgement don't particularly care, cleaning up casket debris after DeathgateFalls does make extra work for those who serve in purple while awaiting their disposition: reincarnation, quasi-godhood, etc.

More seriously, Death is a symbol of being in transition between life stages, and not of being dead. And a river is symbol of travel (through life) and of the forces which guide our overall direction of travel (through life).

Between adjustments to her recent marriage and the change in her employment situation (possibly into a new career in photography), Jamie is certainly in transition.
While I don't know her well enough personally, her recent writings have taken a calmer tone about the vicissitudes of life. Perhaps an indicator that she is more willing to float with the flow of life's river -- to see where serendipity leads -- rather than struggle against the eddies and whirlpools which change ones planned life direction.

[ April 28, 2005, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

The fact that your subconcious/unconcious picked a woman younger than yourself who you know is in transition right now is also significant, and probably speaks to the "part" of yourself that you are worried about.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"For some weird reason, I knew it was her. Now THAT'S creepy."

It's only creepy if you killed her.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
...or were planning to.

edit: Nevermind. Thanks Nate.

[ April 28, 2005, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: zgator ]

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
*gasp*

How did you know!?

Uh.... that I dreamt that last night!?

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*haunts thread*
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

[ROFL]
Derrell
Member # 6062

That is a cool picture. [Cool] [Hat]
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I think dream interpretation is mostly crap.

Maybe we can have a long heated discussion on that.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I can only interperet my dreams after they come true. [Wink]
But I've had enough dreams come true to make me wary if I have a dream like that. [Angst]

And Jamie, that's a really cool picture. [Cool]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
That's so weird...I had a Hatrack dream last night too. I was going to a Hatrack picnic somewhere with my mom, but when I got there, the only people there were a few geeky guys I'd never heard of (all of whom had really limp handshakes), plus Nathan and - guess who? - Jamie. But Jamie was asleep, so I didn't get to talk to her.

There wasn't much to the dream besides that. But still...that's kinda freaky. [Eek!]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe this explains why I've been so tired. It isn't the sinus infection after all! I'm walking through everyone else's dreams. [Eek!]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
What about the second casket?
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
In my dream she floats downriver, using her middle finger as a snorkel.
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.