FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Runescape...

Author Topic: Runescape...
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
This is in response to OSC's article.

OSC, I was wondering if you payed for the full version of runescape. When I read the article it first came across as you just play the free version, but pickpocketing is only available if you pay. So which is it?

Also, I am Master2010 in Runescape, if anyone wants to contact me there.

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
So, I must admit, this is my first foray into online RPG...and dang it. It's addictive. My younger brothers (who are online RPG experts) have been making fun of me because I'm questing, fishing, mining and worrying about if I can chop down an oak tree or not. Well, it's serious business!! I'm only a level 8, so I don't play that much, but I know some people *cough* that are totally addicted. I mean, ridiculously so.

Thanks a lot OSC. [Wink]

I'm narniadear if anyone wants to contact ME. [Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm cornid. [Big Grin]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
What review of runescape?
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.hatrack.com/osc/reviews/everything/2005-04-10.shtml

Ok people. Fess up. What's your runescape warrior name? You know you have one!!!

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Alas-- the last game I played online was insaniquarium.

And that was fun enough.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Is there something that makes the visual aspects of Runescape more compelling than a text-based RPG?

I'm a complete RPG neophyte, but decided to check some out recently [yes, Hatrack's influence].

I tried Runescape for about 3 minutes and got bored and thought the cheesy graphics were lame.

I tried Discworld and was immedietely hooked.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IrishAphrodite19
Member # 1880

- posted      Profile for IrishAphrodite19   Email IrishAphrodite19         Edit/Delete Post 
I play Runscape. I found it though a friend. I'm Rowan Carter.

~Irish

Posts: 554 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
If you like text based MUDs and Lord of the Rings then you should give MEM - Middle Earth Mud (shameless plug for his own game). [Big Grin]
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Audeo
Member # 5130

- posted      Profile for Audeo   Email Audeo         Edit/Delete Post 
My only problem with Runescape is that a 5th grader introduced me to it. I tutor kids, and sometimes when they've done all their homework we'll let them have some free time on the computer. It's a fun game, but it's inhabited by 11 year-olds, and you can tell.
Posts: 349 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

I'm level fifty something, i'll have to check when I have more time.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JemmyGrove
Member # 6707

- posted      Profile for JemmyGrove   Email JemmyGrove         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
it's inhabited by 11 year-olds, and you can tell.
Which is why we need to get some mature support for it. [Smile]

Hi. My name's JemmyGrove, and I'm addicted to Runescape.

And I'm discovering all of a sudden that I'm having to watch my typing, because the chat interface teaches you not to pay any heed to your capitalization or punctuation (it always capitalized the first letter after a period or question mark, but refuses to capitalize anything else).

I'm seriously playing this game to an unhealthy degree -- for the past week my life consists of work and Runescape, with a little bit of sleep in there on occasion, although my sleep priority too often falls just below my Runescape priority, and work has never been as important to me as sleep. This is also why I haven't been on Hatrack even once since I read that article.

Oh, and my name in Runescape is also JemmyGrove.

[edited for spelling]

[ April 30, 2005, 04:31 AM: Message edited by: JemmyGrove ]

Posts: 270 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

Here are some of my stats worth mentioning:

Combat level: 56
Total level: 592
Craft level: 39
Mine level: 63
Smith level: 55
Cook level: 50

I also like to play planeshift. Does anyone else play it?

Edit: JemmyGrove, did you know you were on the high scores list for fletching?

[ May 03, 2005, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: MEC ]

MEC
Member # 2968

If anyone want's some I can smith some aurmor/weapons for them, no charge. I can make anything up to and including mith long swords.
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I started playing and did the entire tutorial, but then I got bored...

I'm just not suited to these games...

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I used to play. I was leader of the Black Tiger clan.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HesterGray
Member # 7384

- posted      Profile for HesterGray   Email HesterGray         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I started playing and did the entire tutorial, but then I got bored...

I'm just not suited to these games...

That's sort of what I did. I did the tutorial, and then they threw me into the actual world part, and I didn't know what to do. It wasn't that I was bored, exactly, I was just kind of like, now what?

People kept trying to trade with me, but I didn't know what I should be trying to trade for and I didn't know what was safe to give up. Some nice person gave me some armor for free. I just didn't know where I was supposed to go or what I was supposed to be doing.

Posts: 486 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.