FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hall of Mirrors: A Max Payne 2 Equilibirum modification

Author Topic: Hall of Mirrors: A Max Payne 2 Equilibirum modification
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
First of all I'd like to say hello to the community. You guys and gals seem like a rather friendly bunch and I've been sort of lurking around the forums for a small amount of time. Every once in a while I'll drop in on the tech help threads to see if I can assist somebody but I usually just read [Big Grin]

Anyways I noticed there's a small section of the board that's interested in video games so I thought about sharing some of my current work with you. I genuinely think some people might be interested and it's a possibility they'll get some enjoyment out of the finished product so I figure "Why not?"

The Hall of Mirrors project is pretty straight forward. I wanted to capture the style seen in action movies today and apply it to a video game and the most recent movie that popped into my mind that brought these things to the table was Equilibrium. The aim of my team and I was to make something we'd all enjoy playing but we also wanted to give something back to gamers like us. The mod will be free for everyone and all you need is a copy of the game "Max Payne 2" and of course, a machine good enough to run it [Wink]

Here's a short description of the mod:

The modification is loosely based on the movie "Equilibrium" with the main focus of the work being based upon implementing a new combat system similar to the "gun kata" seen in some of the action scenes of the movie. The "Gun Kata" allows the player to take on several adversaries at the same time with dual weapons and gun them down in unison, much like what we see in the action movies of today where the hero wields dual handguns and shoots at different targets with each hand. This sort of stylish gun battle is what you can expect to see once the mod is released to the public.

The mod's focus is pure action and style.If you've always wanted to be that stylish hero gunning down evildoers in the coolest ways possible, this mod might be what you've been looking for [Smile]

Here are a few links, because pictures are worth a thousands words (pictures can be found at our website galleries):

Our official webpage (click on the picture after it loads)

Our official fan forums

Where it all got started

Whew, pretty long for my first thread here. The team and I hope our contribution brings as much entertainment and happiness as others have brought to us!

[ April 30, 2005, 04:43 AM: Message edited by: Rico ]

Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.