FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Mmmm sheep heart dissection

Author Topic: Mmmm sheep heart dissection
Goldenstar
Member # 6990

- posted      Profile for Goldenstar           Edit/Delete Post 
I got to dissect a sheep's heart in biology today. MMMM. I didnt east lunch and i dont know if i'm going to eat meat again. *grabs carrot sticks*
Posts: 67 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
hehe..
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I had to do a cow's heart once. Of course, my group got the deformed one with none of the chambers in the right places. It didn't look too much different from "meat" to me. The worm was utterly revolting, and I remain glad to this day that I was sick on Eyeball Day.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IrishAphrodite19
Member # 1880

- posted      Profile for IrishAphrodite19   Email IrishAphrodite19         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it bad that I like to dissect things....

~Irish

Posts: 554 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
It is bad that I had fun dissecting a cat in Zoology, a cat who, despite being stored in formaldehyde, which resulted in wet, matted fur, I called "Fluffy". [ROFL]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I did a pork heard, and a fish's head.
Yuck. Definitively yuck. Especially the fich, because it had been in Formol. The heart was easier to bear, because one of the students started to illustrate expressions containing "heart" with it (like, "avoir le coeur sur la main) and laughing made it easier.

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goldenstar
Member # 6990

- posted      Profile for Goldenstar           Edit/Delete Post 
Irish tell that to the girl who puked all over her heart [Big Grin] And to the person who had fun with a cat dissection *holds nose while turning head away in disgust* Dissecting and blood were never my strong points
Posts: 67 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
I was very allergic to the cats I dissected in school. You'd think the formaldehyde would kill off the allergens but no such luck till we finally got rid of all the fur including the tail. Sneezing and a drippy nose is so annoying while trying to dissect something while wearing gloves.

My favorite part was always disecting the stomach contents. One of the cats had just eaten a small rat, apparently.

Oh, and dissecting a small shark was disGUSting. They are really oily or something. It just oozed oil from everywhere.

[ May 04, 2005, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: Theca ]

Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
eeewie. The worst I've had to dissect was a fetal pig. That was yucky enough for me. They looked so cute and innocent, and then we had to cut them up. [Frown]

Though, it was really interesting...

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.