FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Bittersweet: 2 Heartbeats

Author Topic: Bittersweet: 2 Heartbeats
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
The good news is that two of the babies are doing great and have strong, fast heartbeats. The bad news is that the third one didn't make it. I'm sad about that one, but I'm so relieved about the other two that I'm not dwelling on it.

I had some spotting this past week - it actually started at the end of the first Passover seder. I paged my doctor and went in for an ultrasound that Monday. He couldn't find the third embryo and only the biggest one had a heartbeat and it was a little slow. I had another ultrasound this past Friday and both of the babies had heartbeats and the smaller one has caught up in size. The spotting had basically stopped, but it started again late Saturday night. I paged my doctor on Sunday and had another ultrasound on Monday. They both still look great.

Dr. Slackman thinks that it's probably from the 3rd embryo being reabsorbed into my body, but it could also be that one or both of the babies have embedded themselves into a blood vessel in my uterus. I have an appointment with the best OB in Roanoke on Thursday.

It's been a pretty nerve-wracking, emotional time, but I'm confident that the twins will come through just fine.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*hug*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
(((MrsM)))
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I am sorry the third one didn't make it, but I am glad that the others are doing better, and my thoughts and prayers are still with you.

[Group Hug]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
(((Mrs M.)))
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs Mrs. M* [Frown]

I'm glad that you and the twins are still doing fine, though. I really am. I'm still thinking about you.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Mrs. M)))

It's going to be fine, I just know it. [Smile]

I would be happy to answer any questions, offer any advice, or just sympathize with you on carrying twins. It's quite the adventure, but the results are well worth it.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs*

Sympathy & hope to you.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Mrs. M)))

I'm sorry to hear about the littlest one, but I'm glad the other two are doing well.

Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
It's good that you aren't dwelling on it. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes as smoothly as possible. [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*hug*
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
[Group Hug] I am glad that the two are okay. I'm sorry for the third, but I am also glad that you are okay.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'm sorry about the third. *no pun intended, I didn't mean it to sound like I'm referring to Ender's Game* But I am very glad that at least two are making it.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs* and good wishes.

And a funny story -- on April 24 I asked the congregation, during "joys and concerns" to pray for "Bob's and my friend Kira who is pregnant with triplets." On of the older ladies who sits in the back and doesn't hear very well thought I was announcing that we were going to have triplets. Fortunately she asked after church to be sure, or the rumor would be all over town by now.

We'll continue to pray for all of you.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
[Group Hug]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

quote:
on April 24 I asked the congregation, during "joys and concerns" to pray for "Bob's and my friend Kira who is pregnant with triplets."
You're having triplets?!? [Eek!]

[Razz]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
*thwap*

Ooops. Sorry ElJay, you got in the way.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
'S'okay. I dodged. [Big Grin]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

[ROFL]

I'm sorry for the fluff injection, Mrs. M, but I hope it at least made you laugh. [Smile]

BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
*Hugs*

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Mrs M))))) [Frown]

At least the other two are okay. [Smile]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miriya
Member # 7822

- posted      Profile for Miriya   Email Miriya         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Mrs. M)))

Will keep you in our prayers.

Posts: 251 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry that you lost one, but I'm glad the other 2 seem to be healthy and strong.
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, y'all.

Dr. Slackman was pretty relieved, but not in an ugly way. He was worried for me and the babies, because there are so many additional risks with multiples. Andrew is also relieved and says that the prospect of having triplets really puts having twins in perspective.

Any time I feel sad, I think about those 2 heartbeats and look at the ultrasound pictures. They were the most amazing and beautiful things I have ever seen in my life.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
[Group Hug] You continue to be in my prayers....
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Hearing our babies' heartbeats for the first time made for two of the most joyous moments of my life so far. Two other moments in that category: watching them be born.

Here's to lots of good health and strength in the months to come, Mrs. M.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Mrs. M)))
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ctm
Member # 6525

- posted      Profile for ctm   Email ctm         Edit/Delete Post 
prayers and hugs, Mrs. M
Posts: 239 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
((((hugs))))

I am glad that you and the twins are doing well. [Smile]

It sounds like you have a pretty good doctor too.

*best wishes*

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.