FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » National Teacher Day

Author Topic: National Teacher Day
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Teachers,

Happy National Teacher Day. You completely rock, at least those who rock completely rock, and you know who you are. I have been very, very impressed by the all the teachers here on Hatrack, and I want to say how wonderful you are and how grateful we (as Americans, in general) are for the education of the next generation. [Smile] Thanks.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah, check out Google.
I ain't a teach though...

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
[Hat]

Teachers are the best people ever [Smile] I love my professors.

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
no. 6
Member # 7753

- posted      Profile for no. 6           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Teach. [Big Grin]
Posts: 410 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hat] [The Wave] [Kiss]
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
This is the first Teacher's Day that I've had a child in school. [Smile]

Yay teachers!

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hat]
Hooray for all teachers!

Yesterday my cousin who has been talking for years about going to college and getting a degree but hasn't done anything called me to say she is registered, and is planning on becoming a secondary math teacher. [Smile]

I'm so proud of her and of all people who choose to go into such a demanding profession.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
This is the first teacher's day where I've actually been teaching...though I'm still not getting paid for it. [Smile] Next year!!

BTW, I have the job interview of my life tonight, for a job as a....teacher! [Big Grin]

Woohoo teachers!!!

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Good luck on your interview!
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Hooray for Teachers! [Big Grin]

Although, I can never figure out if I actually count among the ranks of teachers yet. Do teaching assistants count?

edited to add, Oh, and GOOD LUCK on your interview, Narnia!

[ May 03, 2005, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: Megan ]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IrishAphrodite19
Member # 1880

- posted      Profile for IrishAphrodite19   Email IrishAphrodite19         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not a teacher yet, but I just sumbitted my application to the education department at my school. So, hopefully I will be thank-worthy in a couple of years!

~Irish

Posts: 554 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck, Narnia!

We don't have a National Teacher Day in Britain, sadly...

Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, my Professor one the Phi Beta Kappa best teacher award today. I assume it's not a coincidence.

Kepe up teh goood work makins us all smarty n whutnot.

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the good wishes. In one hour. Whew! *breathes*

Good luck with your teacher application Aphrodite. That's awesome!!

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IrishAphrodite19
Member # 1880

- posted      Profile for IrishAphrodite19   Email IrishAphrodite19         Edit/Delete Post 
Just as an update, I have my interview with the faculty of the Ed department today at 4 and I am supernervous.

I made the descision a week and a half ago to dye my hair slightly pink thinking it would be ok because I wasn't observing in the high schools anymore but not thinking about my interview that I would inevidably have when I applied. Oh, I hope they over look it!

But other than that, I just hope I don't babble or make a fool of myself. [Angst]

~Irish

Posts: 554 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Good luck Irish! I hope you don't mind if I make the suggestion that you dye your hair a normal color before you go. I think it would look much more professional that way.
IrishAphrodite19
Member # 1880

Well, I survived. Four of the five education professors were there, one is still out on maternity leave, and I had encountered 2 of them before in classes and other such places. They each asked me one question ranging from how I handled a stressful situation to how I felt in stituations with a lot of diversity to when was I time I had ever thought outside the box.

I even scored bonus points because I wrote my required freshman paper on why accountability and high-stakes testing is bad and should be reworked/removed. Apparently the entire education staff feels the same way and the professor I wrote the paper for (who is also an Ed Prof) let them all read it.

While it probably would have been smart to dye my hair back before the interview, I don'tthin it will hurt me. Transy is a small school and I went to see one of the professors last week to get some work and she saw my hair. I also told her that I waited till I stopped observing to dye it.

I can't wait till I get my results!

~Irish

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.