FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My cellphone is possessed with the Great Satan

Author Topic: My cellphone is possessed with the Great Satan
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
The digital clock on the front perpetually says 3:38, even when it open it and it should say "Cingular." And the thing's not even on. The screen inside is blank.

Is there an outside chance you guys know how to fix this? Or should I just go to the store tommorrow?

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Remove the battery and let any residual power totally drain out of it. Then replace the battery and see if you can power it off after that.

It may be locked up, just like a computer. I've seen it happen.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, thanks. I'll give it a shot.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
We've been watching season 3 of SG-1, so I read this title and immediately thought of your cell phone in the hands of this guy. [Laugh]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
ALL cellphones are possessed by the Great Satan. Yours is just being a little bit more obvious about it.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] So, we've been giving the Goa'ould information about our personal lives every time we use a cell phone?

Oh, wait. We've probably either destroyed them with boredom and inanity or convinced them that we're insane and harmless by now.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

Yes.

And yes.

Actually, it's much more subtle (subtler?) than that. The Great Satan in all cellphones sets up a field in which you cease to find anything wrong with endlessly rude, boorish behavior. [Big Grin]

NB: I am quite prejudiced.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
ALL cellphones are possessed by the Great Satan.
Megan, ya beat me to it.

I hate the damn things. [Razz]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. I'd recommend contacting a Catholic priest for an exorcism. Even though I'm not Catholic, I've seen the movie and I know that when you've got demon and Satan problems, you go to a Catholic Priest.

I don't know, though...we do have actual, ordained ministers here on the `Rack...but they aren't Catholic. Dagonee is Catholic. I'm not sure what TV would want me to recommend here! [Angst]

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
But he is a lawyer, right? Doesn't that give him some sort of power over evil spirits?
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

He's also of Irish descent, isn't he? The Irish lawyer outsmarted the devil, remember? Maybe he can do it.
Megan
Member # 5290

Maybe ONE cellphone...but can he outsmart the devils in ALL the cellphones? That'd keep him awfully busy.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

No, Megan, I mean THE devil, and he'd have to call off his minions.
Megan
Member # 5290

Ah, ok, then. So, we're sending Dag into some sort of apocalyptic battle. Hmm. Maybe we should tell him.

nah. [Big Grin]

Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to think Satan was in my cell phone. Then I met Dick Cheney and realized he could never fit inside.
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gnixing
Member # 768

- posted      Profile for gnixing   Email gnixing         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But he is a lawyer, right? Doesn't that give him some sort of power over evil spirits?
I thought that meant he is one step from being an evil spirit.
Posts: 494 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it means he can speak the demon's language, is all...
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's more like a colleague type of relationship. Like, I have power over my colleagues in that I have quite a bit in common with them.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gnixing
Member # 768

- posted      Profile for gnixing   Email gnixing         Edit/Delete Post 
One is so easily seduced to the Dark Side . . . especially when they speak the same language and become colleagues . . .
[Big Grin]

Posts: 494 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.