FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » When famous people call

Author Topic: When famous people call
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Not me...though that would be cool.

Apparently there's this British morning show that is doing a contest right now called Bounty Hunter, where listeners call in with celebrities on the line, or try to get celebrities to call in for them. At the end of the week people vote on the coolest call in and that listener wins a whole bunch of money.

So a few weeks ago someone called in with Chris Martin(lead singer from Coldplay). So recently Chris Martin called back in with a celebrity of his own...Steven Spielberg. And the two of them both take turns talking on this radio show.

Spielberg mostly talks about War of the Worlds and the new Star Wars movie. Pretty neat, and I thought it was interesting.

Here's a link to a write up about it, and that page also has links to listen to the conversation or just read the transcript.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
lol, I bet they were rather surprised to have someone who was one of their 'celebs' call in with a different famous person.
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IrishAphrodite19
Member # 1880

- posted      Profile for IrishAphrodite19   Email IrishAphrodite19         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have a link for it, but a local Atlanta station does somethink like this every couple of years. It is really fun. Having the Coldplay singer call back with his own celeb was a fun idea.

~Irish

Posts: 554 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.