FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The general good news thread

Author Topic: The general good news thread
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
There are several threads with good news in the title, but they are generally about a particular person's good news. I thought I'd try making a general good news thread.

So here's my good news: It's generally not possible to tell my daughter's finger was amputated, and yesterday I noticed that the new nail even has a meniscus. At least, I think that's what the little white thing at the base is.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so...you somehow kept this severed finger alive and are watching it grow a new nail?

Or did you leave a word out in your sentence?

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I came home to a large vase of lilacs, tulips and a single pink rose. =) My kids raided the neighborhood for me! (well, except for the rose, that came home with Missy from school)
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I finished my first university year [Smile] .
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Destineer
Member # 821

- posted      Profile for Destineer           Edit/Delete Post 
My advisor got tenure.
Posts: 4600 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my Gold Award yesterday. [Smile]
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
I no longer am paying rent [Smile] .

However, I am living on the ship [Grumble] .

However, I have met a very nice, pretty, but quiet lady who I am planning on asking to dinner. [Big Grin]

2 out of 3 is not bad.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
mothertree, I had no idea about your daughter's finger!

Awww, Goody, how sweet of your kids!!

Teshi and Eruve, congrats!

Destineer...congrats to your advisor.

Stan , tell us if she goes out with you...

My good news... My favorite band is playing a con nearby the weekend of my birthday....at said con The Heinlein Society will be presenting Niven and Pournelle with the Lifetime Acheivement Award. Guess what I'm getting for my birthday. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
Good news: I got a 95 in history.
Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
That's good. I had a math test yesterday that I got an 85 on, but ti turns out I graded it wrong...it was really a 97. Whew! *wipes forehead*
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I have managed to track down old students and fellow teachers of my Dad so they can add stories to his retirement(45 years teaching middle school) scrapbook, and have had an awesomely fun time doing it.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Wow, that's really cool! [Smile] Is the scrapbook a retirement gift?
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Good news: I just got a $2,000 scholarship.

Bad news: I think I lost a $10,000 loan. >.<

Edit: good news- I just found out that I didn't lose the loan after all. [Smile]

[ May 28, 2005, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: Eruve Nandiriel ]

johnsonweed
Member # 8114

- posted      Profile for johnsonweed           Edit/Delete Post 
It's called the LUNULA. I have always liked that term.

quote:
Originally posted by mothertree:
There are several threads with good news in the title, but they are generally about a particular person's good news. I thought I'd try making a general good news thread.

So here's my good news: It's generally not possible to tell my daughter's finger was amputated, and yesterday I noticed that the new nail even has a meniscus. At least, I think that's what the little white thing at the base is.

Posts: 514 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
Lunula, eh? I guess I can see why I got that confused with meniscus.

I was looking for the random thoughts not worth starting a thread over and found this thread. We had some good news a couple weeks ago. My oldest finally learned to ride a bike at age 8 years and 9 months. When late bloomers finally bloom, it is a happy time.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Lunula! That must be why my mom calls it the "moon" of the nail. [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zemra
Member # 5706

- posted      Profile for Zemra   Email Zemra         Edit/Delete Post 
Good news I got accepted to pharmacy school [ROFL]
Bad news I have to move which I hate [Mad]
Good news my husband and I are bying a house for first time and so no more appartments [The Wave]

Posts: 69 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Zemra!!!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
We found our new house and will move in next month. [Smile]
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
I am on vacation starting tomorrow.

Zemra, where are you studying pharmacy? (I am a pharmacist...)

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
There's a Mythbusters marathon today.

Oh, and I can start putting weight on my leg next week. [Smile]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I got the swamp cooler working today. [Smile]

Unfortunately, I still need to fix the sprinkler system. [Frown]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I just ate bruschetta.

(I love Italian food)

Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Randy
Member # 8181

- posted      Profile for Randy   Email Randy         Edit/Delete Post 
Good news? As of this month, I have survived half a century.

Bad news? As of this month, I'm 50.

Posts: 21 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bunbun
Member # 6814

- posted      Profile for bunbun   Email bunbun         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a good life. Our house is on the market and 5 people looked at it today. My husband is a wonderful man who shares everything except chocolate covered halva, which is fine since I won't eat halva anyway, much less the chocolate covered variety.
Posts: 516 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
We are moving on Friday!
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
The next time I enter a classroom, someone will be paying me for it. In other words: I passed my teaching practice!
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday my dad told me we were just going to drive around in his new Corvette for a bit. Instead we drove an hour to Microcenter to pick up a laptop, printer, and digital camera for me as early graduation gifts! [Big Grin]

And I just finished watching Phantom of the Opera which, if you haven't seen it, is equisite in sound, sight, and theme alike. I am having such a great weekend!

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

<cautious good news> My erstwhile husband seems to want to reconcile... I haven't yet decided if I'm amenable to this, but the fact that he's opened up the discussion is in itself progress.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck, Goody! I know how hard that road can be. I hope it works out for the best -- whatever that may be for you. *hug*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

Thanks Rivka. I'm sure it will... once I figure out which way is the best for my girls and myself.
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

I went and talked to my academic advisor today. I was going to have to start with math 103 because of a bad score on the placement test. But, I got them to use my non-timed score instead so I can start with 106! [Big Grin]
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Good news! I became a member of the Hatrack forum today!

Hi everyone!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.