FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Unfortunately I can't read French

Author Topic: Unfortunately I can't read French
Alistair
Member # 7858

- posted      Profile for Alistair   Email Alistair         Edit/Delete Post 
Recently I have been searching for an English translation of the book Le Monde des automates: Etude historique et technique by Alfred Chapuis and Edmond Droz. I have only been able to find one and it was priced at US$200 for just volume I of II, which is almost twice what I can afford at the moment, being a poor college student.

I figured that there might be a chance that someone here may know of someplace to find more obscure books like this (I mean the forum has the word 'Books' right in the title). Anyone have any ideas?

Posts: 38 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?y=12&tn=Automata+%3A+a+historical+and+technological+study&x=18

http://www.alibris.com/search/search.cfm?qwork=515605&ptit=Automata%20%3A%20a%20historical%20and%20technological%20study&pauth=Chapuis%2C%20Alfred%2C%20and%20Droz%2C%20Edmond

If you merely wish to peruse a copy at your leisure, you can do so through the MTBioVirtualLibrary. Registration is free.

Other hardcopy booksellers can be found by googling
"Automata: A Historical and Technological Study"

[ May 08, 2005, 01:20 AM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.