FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Help me solve my earwig problem! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Help me solve my earwig problem!
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
That is so weird.

What do mothers make "gloop" for their children out of? [Big Grin]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Gloop?

Haven't I mentioned that a nail brush was in with household cleaning brushes? And I found hair dye at a perfume shop? And, um, I wear men's sandals cuz women's only go to size 7. And flour and sugar only come in bags as big as 1 kg. And cheese is not necessarily refrigerated, but is likely sitting right beside the check-out lady, who looks like she's fourteen. Maybe. Eggs aren't refrigerated either and are hiding in a bin beside the sweets. Milk is available powdered or in the UHT packs, but not cartons in the refrigerated section. Tampons come in boxes of 8 or 16. Talcum powder is in the baby aisle (although this one does make sense.) Dental floss is behind the pharmaceutical counter, along with vitamin C (100 mg tablets only) and other vitamins. All medicines, even aspirin, are controlled by the pharmacist, but prescriptions are not necessary, not even for that loopy pain killer you told me to get. Pharmacists frequently prescribe medication, including how much to take, how often to take it, and for how long.

So. Why WOULDN'T borax be in a sporting goods store?

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently, it would be. Go figure.

Gloop is a mixture of white glue, borax, and water, and, if you want, food coloring. You knead it together in a plasitc bag, and it becomes a slime-like substance fun to play with. The good thing is, it has soap right in it, so it cleans up easily. [Big Grin]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Um, where's the soap? Oh, the borax! Got it! Huh, that sounds good, oddly enough. I'll have to make some to play with. [Big Grin]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

It's fun. [Big Grin]
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
*giggle*
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never added water, also we called it Goop and usually left it white then colored it with markers, Gloop was the Corn Starch and water one that resists gravity, very fun if you make enough for a kiddy swimming pool, and jump in from chairs.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

We always used just enough water to make the borax a paste. Makes it easier to mix. And yes, it can be colored with markers.

Corn starch and water, we called "paper mache". [Wink]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

On this page, it's called "GAK", which is what my brother's cub scout leader also called it.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

[Angst] The things I learn from Hatcrack. [ROFL]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

[Big Grin] I know what you mean!
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I looked at my directions, we didn't use Borax (though it was listed as an option), we used Liquid Laundry Starch.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.