FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A little task... just because I'm curious

Author Topic: A little task... just because I'm curious
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
This isn't homework or anything. I just want to know.

List one thing about America that makes you sad and one thing you love about America.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] : The exchange rate between the dollar and the euro.

[Smile] : Texas wildflowers. 'Tis the season.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] : Debt, both national and the amount of personal debt that many Americans carry.

[Smile] That anyone can get ahead if they are willing to work hard enough. Opportunity mixed with freedom is a wonderful blessing.

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Clearly I am shallow.

I'm okay with that.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
So few people bike.

The fundamental idea of this country is that everyone is free.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] : That in this incredibly rich and powerful country, there are people, including children, who don't get their basic needs met.

[Smile] : That our society, for the most part, values courage, generosity, charity, love, respect, and kindness, and that there are whole organizations of people devoted just to helping strangers. Whether it's political rights or feeding the hungry, there is someone devoted to it, and we all have the right and opportunity to help.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Cheer up darling, I Love you. [Kiss]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] Prevalence of violence

[Smile] Diversity (of ideas, cultures, religions, arts, etc.)

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] So many people in this country see it's citizens as nothing but wards/slaves of the state.

[Smile] I'll probably be dead before those people win all together.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] That the Constitution was written with "The People" in mind.

[Frown] That, at the time, "The People" constituted a rather select portion of the population.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

I'm not sad, but thank you Hobbes [Smile]
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] McDonalds (Its where it started isn't it. Stupid corporations.) Oh and, Wal-Mart. (Wal-Mart will soon have its own country.)

[Smile] My friend Alex (She lives here. I couldn't live without her!) And on the more realistic side, Key West, Florida. Its so B-E-A-utiful.

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] The "money before all" spirit.
[Smile] You.

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] The education system and it's flaws

[Big Grin] That wonderful people who I love are welcomed into the country and can over time become a citizen.

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Choobak, tu me flattes! [Blushing]
JDXalpharis
Member # 8069

- posted      Profile for JDXalpharis   Email JDXalpharis         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] : General Hypocrisy

[Smile] : Close Proximity to Canada

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Oppurtunity and Kindness
[Frown] Hate and Greed

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] That our judicial system is so fatally flawed.
[Smile] That we have the freedom to say whatever it is we don't like about our country

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
From an outsider's perspective...

[Smile] That the people are passionate, proud and fiercely protective of past acheivements and good things gained.

[Frown] Sometimes it seems the people believe that only America has past acheivements or good things gained.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] The average person's addiction to celebrity "news"

[Smile] Easy access to information and entertainment

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
screechowl
Member # 2651

- posted      Profile for screechowl   Email screechowl         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] The education systems and the positives I see from it each day.

[Frown] Intolerance

Posts: 440 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.