FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Home Movies is the best show ever.....

Author Topic: Home Movies is the best show ever.....
StickyWicket
Member # 7926

- posted      Profile for StickyWicket   Email StickyWicket         Edit/Delete Post 
If any of you haven't heard of this it's from the makers of Dr. Katz and it has been on Adult Swim. Season 1 is out on DVD. This show is hilarious for anyone, from collage kids to people with kids to film lovers, to cartoon lovers. I laugh my ass off every episode. My friend has a ton of it on his laptop and we pretty much bang out about 3 per day on average. anyway check it out, you'll thank me.

Posts: 128 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramdac99
Member # 7264

- posted      Profile for Ramdac99   Email Ramdac99         Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, I think season 2 just came out on DVD. McGuirk cracks me up.
Posts: 484 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Best? Not even close. I’ve had to sit through a few episodes since some friends like them. Always thought the stories were weak and I hated how everyone always talks over each other constantly. Yeah, I guess that’s more realistic to life, but it’s really annoying in a show. And why does bad cartoon art make things get noticed more? Ugh…..
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portabello
Member # 7710

- posted      Profile for Portabello   Email Portabello         Edit/Delete Post 
I like the show.
Posts: 751 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryoko
Member # 4947

- posted      Profile for Ryoko   Email Ryoko         Edit/Delete Post 
Big Home Movies fan here as well.

It definitely isn't for everyone though.

H. Jon Benjamin is a genius.

Posts: 194 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, my contrary nature has just caused me to love Home Movies. Thanks, Jay!
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramdac99
Member # 7264

- posted      Profile for Ramdac99   Email Ramdac99         Edit/Delete Post 
and Jay, a lot of the reason for that is the fact that they freestyle most of the scenes. They have a structure of a story but the actual words are mostly impromptu, which is awesome.
Posts: 484 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StickyWicket
Member # 7926

- posted      Profile for StickyWicket   Email StickyWicket         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
they freestyle most of the scenes
woah, I didn't know that, that makes it so much better.
Posts: 128 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.