FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Stump Vader (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Stump Vader
Lord Solar Macharius
Member # 7775

- posted      Profile for Lord Solar Macharius           Edit/Delete Post 
Sith Sense

Try it out (requires flash).

All you do is think of an object. Vader will ask you questions and then make his guess. It only took him 18 questions to get my hat.

Freaky.

Posts: 254 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
"The Force is not even remotely with you."

Oh, that's cold.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dawnmaria
Member # 4142

- posted      Profile for dawnmaria   Email dawnmaria         Edit/Delete Post 
It took him 18 to get my baby and 19 to get my underwear! [Angst]
Posts: 601 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
it took 28 guess's for it to guess my truck.

some of the questions are way out there lol.

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Is anyone else's browser getting stymied about five seconds into loading the page? [Frown]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
that was really weird. It didn't ask any questions that remotely had anything to do with the object I was thinking of, then all of the sudden it comes at me with "Is it a bar of soap?"

Well. yes! It was! [Smile] In 19 tries too! So is it Lord Vader that's reading my mind or that weird Burger King?

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
(Christy here!) I think the Burger King came in and told Vader what was open in my browser, since I had to look up whether or not the kookaburra was nocturnal. Still, took him 18 tries and the last question was "does it weigh more than a pound of butter?" It never asked me whether or not it was a bird!
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
socal_chic
Member # 7803

- posted      Profile for socal_chic   Email socal_chic         Edit/Delete Post 
That was so weird. He got closer to my object and then asked "Is it a sandal?" Creepy
Posts: 137 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniK
Member # 3939

- posted      Profile for JenniK   Email JenniK         Edit/Delete Post 
I said it was metal.

It guessed Sex twice, and then it guessed an uethera.

Posts: 325 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
It took 20 turns to get a cheetah
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HesterGray
Member # 7384

- posted      Profile for HesterGray   Email HesterGray         Edit/Delete Post 
It took 29 questions to guess knitting needle. I thought it was only supposed to take 20! At question 20, it asked if it was a nickel. I thought I had him stumped, but he just kept asking.
Posts: 486 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Haha, on my computer it stutters. Yea 56k connections! And I think it's now just looping itself.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
socal_chic
Member # 7803

- posted      Profile for socal_chic   Email socal_chic         Edit/Delete Post 
I tried it again and he guessed it even faster. It's pretty entertaining. [Smile]
Posts: 137 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking of a lightsaber and it didn't guess it. i had to type it in for them.

then i tried it a second time and it guessed it in 17 tries.

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HesterGray
Member # 7384

- posted      Profile for HesterGray   Email HesterGray         Edit/Delete Post 
I tried a lightsaber too! I was trying to think of something easy that would take him the fewest amount of questions. It only took 12 tries for me.
Posts: 486 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Impressive use of machine learning.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
i tried to make him guess gorge (like the naturally occurring gorge), but he couldn't do it. It reminds me of the guess the guess the sitcom star or dictator game.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Guessed bed in 19 tries.

Wow, for my second round DV guessed satellite in 29 tries. Freaky. It never asked any questions about flying, space, electronic transmissions, etc. It guessed something totally different like dishwasher in question 20 and then bam, it gets satellite.

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BotaLadyG
Member # 7053

- posted      Profile for BotaLadyG   Email BotaLadyG         Edit/Delete Post 
well it guessed mine in 17 ... hmmm vader likes cologne/perfume.
Posts: 115 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
I got very specific. My parents' Dog. He almost got it at number 21 with "Is it a Maltese?"
But it's only half Maltese... [Razz] on you vader!!! HAHAHAAA! You're no match for the Boris side of the force!

(And then I tried again, with Golden Retreiver...But he got help from the Burger King.)

Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it still won't let me play, but I'm enjoying the TV character/dictator one.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, He didn't get surf board, but at the very end when it was stumped it guessed snow board, so I was still impressed.

Then it got "house key" very quickly. Then it got "rainbow" seemingly out of the blue in 18 tries. Then "music box" in 28.

To me this screams neural network. Very cool stuff.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, this was a little wierd. I answered "other" and then 18 straight "no" or "irrelevant". I thought it had no clue. The twentieth question: is it a dream? Me: [Eek!]

Edit: Oh and I thought it odd that Burker King would have its company mascot be friends with Darth Vader, one of the most evil villians in cinematic history [Wink]

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
He got SOOO close to what I was thinking. (make-up)
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
DOOOOODE. He got Kitty when I was thinking it. And he even said the word KITTY!!! O_O
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grisha
Member # 6871

- posted      Profile for Grisha   Email Grisha         Edit/Delete Post 
he got panda in 13 queastions
Posts: 376 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought there was no way he would guess what I was thinking of. But I guess the term "urethra" is politically correct enough.

Dang.

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grisha
Member # 6871

also, why would they want the burger king to be friends with a vadar who is making fun of you?
Posts: 376 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grisha
Member # 6871

woo! i stumped him with blanket!
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
Stumped him with ninja and liger.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

I keep trying to get him to say kitty but he won't.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Stumped him with an iron. That's weird, I'd think a common household item like an iron would be easy.

He got tape dispenser in only 12 questions.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Stumped him with:

wheelchair and stapler (although they were listed in the selections after 30 questions)

Totally stumped him on:

"oriole" or "baltimore oriole"

***On the third try, he did get "wheelchair" on round number 27.

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Question: Am I the only one more creeped out by the Burger King than by Vader? [Angst]
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChaosTheory
Member # 7069

- posted      Profile for ChaosTheory   Email ChaosTheory         Edit/Delete Post 
Gretest Jedi in the galaxy and yet he cannot guess Taco Salad...shame.
Posts: 163 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

vader isn't the greatest jedi in the galaxy...
HesterGray
Member # 7384

sndrake: No.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Seems to have gotten stuck on question 10. I chose an answer, but it won't enter. [Razz]

*starts over*

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

This time it only took 5 questions to crash. Yeesh.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

It still won't work for me! [Cry]
rivka
Member # 4859

Ok, this time it came close enough with 17 questions.

Mildly amusing, I guess.

Pelegius
Member # 7868

- posted      Profile for Pelegius           Edit/Delete Post 
Lord Vader read my mind! It took him about 30 qustions, but he still did it, well almost.
Posts: 1332 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
16 tries for "Rutabaga."
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bunbun
Member # 6814

- posted      Profile for bunbun   Email bunbun         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha! I just stumped Vader with CORN.

Fear me.

bunbun

Posts: 516 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
How many questions does it take to stump him? I got him to 27 with laptop computer.

He guessed GPS before laptop... and the thing that finally gave it away to him was "Does it tell time?"

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
It took him 28 to get bottle, which I said yes to, but really I was thinking of a glass beer bottle.
Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dyechamp
Member # 8061

- posted      Profile for Dyechamp   Email Dyechamp         Edit/Delete Post 
damm that was creepy took him 19 tries to get a paintball gun
Posts: 1 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Stumped him with Mittens. Once he'd narrowed it down to clothing he guessed both "a bra" and "a brassierre"

Guess we know where Vader's mind is.

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
It took him 29 to get a teaspoon... he was sure it was some kind of coin for several guesses.
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
What I wouldn't give for a blaster whenever that creepy BK King guy shows up.

If BK is supporting the dark side, does that make Ronald McDonald the light side?

Or is all fast food of the dark side and only brussel sprouts can redeem us?

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.