FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » When Star Wars Tie-Ins Go Too Far

Author Topic: When Star Wars Tie-Ins Go Too Far
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Linky
*grin*
Alright, so it's shameless promotion for my (mostly) autobiographical webcomic and blahg. I can't help that I think I'm hilarious.

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
Hee.

[ROFL]

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoy the little silhouettes in the background.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I love it! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd laugh if I wasn't... sniff sniff... it just really helped me to understand... sniff... how... sniff... I know, I'm sorry, I'm such a blubber mouth... helped to know just... how important... snuff... making fun of starwars with your family is!
Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Taalc...that was great!

Here's my favorite SW tie-in up to the point where I saw your comic:

custom Star Wars sayings on M&Ms

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL]
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

I'm tempted to link to the thread with the link to that organic vegetable ad. (or something along those lines.)

May the farm be with you!

(Oh, and where's the original Star Wars thread? I saw the movie on the 19th, but I've been busy and haven't been online. I'd like to see what everyone thought about it.)

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grisha
Member # 6871

- posted      Profile for Grisha   Email Grisha         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
When did Anakin become a Mormon
I'm betting he was redeemed by his family after death, Luke was probably baptized in his place (if i understand correctly).
Posts: 376 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL]
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] [ROFL]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Grisha:
quote:
When did Anakin become a Mormon
I'm betting he was redeemed by his family after death, Luke was probably baptized in his place (if i understand correctly).
Baptism for the Dead does not mean that person is considered "redeemed".

It just means that should that person accept the gospel in the Spirit World, then that ordinance will have been done for them by proxy.

It's still up to God to judge what state one is raised up to. In Anakin's case we have someone who committed decades of murder, definitely shedding the innocent blood of countless victims.

Doing one last-minute act of good (even if it did save the life of his son) would not be considered to have cleansed him or cancelled out his years of killing. Murder is one of the two sins considered unpardonable.

There you go. An overly serious answer to what was probably meant as an off-the-cuff response!

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Murder is one of the two sins considered unpardonable.

Not that I want to get into this argument here, but a guy in my old ward served a mission in Russia where he baptized a confessed murderer.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Why do you think we'll get into an argument?

Civil law recognizes that there are different circumstances in the matter of murder. From accidental manslaughter and self defense all the way up to the deliberate and malicious killing of another in cold blood, or First Degree.

The Lord also recognizes intent and circumstances. (There's a big difference between the Nephites who had to take up arms to protect their liberty and the Nephites who killed in order to obtain financial gain as a part of the Gadianton Robbers, for instance.) Until you give further detail on the case you invoke, I can't really say anything.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
"Murder is one of the two sins considered unpardonable."

Uh, this caught my attention as well. What about the People of Ammon who repented and promised never to murder again, even in self-defense?

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Taalcon, that was awesome. [Smile]
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Very cute and silly, Dave. [Smile]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
Hilarious comic Dave! [ROFL] [ROFL] [The Wave]
Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL]
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grisha
Member # 6871

- posted      Profile for Grisha   Email Grisha         Edit/Delete Post 
hmm, I checked it with one Mormon before posting, but that was mainly to make sure i did not say something that would be offensive. I'm sure if it were my faith, I'd know more about it, but was I close enough for a non-mormon?
Posts: 376 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I love this. OMG its so hilarious!!!!!!! [ROFL]
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
This is wonderful, Dave. Scarier than Darth Tater.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lanfear
Member # 7776

- posted      Profile for Lanfear   Email Lanfear         Edit/Delete Post 
That is amazingly amazing.
Being a mormon and a star wars fan was never so much fun

Posts: 332 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
It was hilarious, but no mentioning of torturing leia?
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.