FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Chat?

Author Topic: Hatrack Chat?
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone do it anymore?

And when did AIM start removing the space in chat room name?

Anyway, come join me, in AIM chat room "hatrack chat" which AIM seems to make "hatrackchat".

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
Never heard of it. [Dont Know]
Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
yeah I'd noticed that it makes it hatrackchat, even when I have fun and type in hAtRaCk ChAt, but you weren't in there when I was a minute or two ago, going back.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, i wish it left the space in, i also wish i wasn't the only one there. [Dont Know]
Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
No one seems to go anymore.
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
It's sad. [Frown]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm almost always on AIM, I'm just not always at the computer. And even sometimes when I am sitting there, I'm multitasking (like stitching and watching a movie on the computer DVD or downloading music) so I don't generally think about finding a chat to hang out in.

Two years ago, that was about all I did all night long... amazing what happens when there isn't another adult in the house.

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
I've decided that I was the sole force keeping hatrack chat together.

1) I once had enough people accept my invitation to hatrack chat, that I turned a room of about 5 to the max 23 chatters.

2) Hatrack chat was a swinging place to be when I lost the internet about a year ago. Now its dead.

3) When I made this thread, I immediately invited about a dozen hatrackers. We ended up getting like 15 chatters for the night. Half the people who showed up don't even read hatrack anymore.

4) When I am in the chatroom, the subject of conversation inevitably turns to sex.

5) I'll bet that the chatroom died not a half an hour after I left.

[Wink]

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack chat died because everyone of interest stopped going- Slash stopped going, Ralphie stopped going, etc. Hell, even Lalo provided at least a little scandal that made it more interesting to talk. The only people left were people who logged in but never talked (even when they were actively reading it, or "ghosts" as we called them) or who didn't really have much to say in the first place. So it died.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I was just there. it was dead.

Someone make a We Are Chatting thread. Bumping one of those is a nice way to let people know there are people there.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parsimony
Member # 8140

- posted      Profile for Parsimony           Edit/Delete Post 
Every time I go, nobody is there. The more times nobody is there, the less I try to visit.

It's a vicious circle.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 367 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Parsimony:
Every time I go, nobody is there. The more times nobody is there, the less I try to visit.

It's a vicious circle.

--ApostleRadio

Ditto for me. There are a lot of people who used to go who don't go anymore. We used to get a crowd there even after Slash and Ralphie stopped dropping in. But now it's almost always empty.

So depressing. There is no one to talk to in the middle of the night. [Razz]

Btw, when did you become "Parsimony"?! [Razz]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parsimony
Member # 8140

- posted      Profile for Parsimony           Edit/Delete Post 
I became Parsimony last week or something. A few people had noted that my posts were anything but "prolix", so I decided to change to something more suitable.

After Ralphie and Slash stopped coming, we had a good group going. I recall that it was always Myr, Jeni, Ni, Tres, Lait, Raventh, Saud, Fugu, and others I am missing. Those were good times.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 367 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to go on Hat chat a lot as well. Now I don't have a computer anymore and others' that I borrow don't have AIM downloaded, leaving me to either use the crappy AIM express or go without.

There were some good times, though. *sigh*

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
in looking for the chat log i have of when we had so many people in chat that it stopped allowing others to join (it seems to max out at 36) iwas indeed reminded of many good times there.
Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
We hit the upper limits a few times during the golden days of hatchat. Then I went on my year + hiatus and it just wasn't there when I came back.

RIP Hatchat.

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Well as depressing as this thread is, I'm too lazy to read through all the threads with "chat" in the title to find the most appropriate one. We're babbling it up atm, if anyone wants to join us [Smile]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Never used AIM before, but this sounds interesting. I'm looking at AIM Express now.

Now what do I do...?

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think AIM Express has chat capability. You'll need to start with downloading the program itself.
Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Get invited. [Smile] IM me (I'm rivkagila), and I'll be happy to do so.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah. Ok, ladyday is probably right. But download Gaim, not AOL's monster.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Bored, anyone?
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in now. And all aloooooone.
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
The girls are talking about hair. I left. [Razz]
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
I am here now.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
*meow*
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Hangin' out in there....all alone.

I mean, uh, not alone. You guys are missing the party! And, um, the strippers! And the unicorns!

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
C'mon, guys...unicorns?

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

And by "unicorns" you meant "The Pacifier Commentary", right? [Wink]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demonstrocity
Member # 9579

- posted      Profile for Demonstrocity   Email Demonstrocity         Edit/Delete Post 
Someone needs to create a dedicated Hatrack IRC channel.
Posts: 246 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

We had one, for a very short time. I haven't been on IRC in four years, I need to dl a client again at some point.
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Demonstrocity:
Someone needs to create a dedicated Hatrack IRC channel.

Back when I ran an IRC server, there wasn't any interest. If there is any interest, I know the operators of an IRC net that we could use without any problems.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rav
Member # 7595

- posted      Profile for rav           Edit/Delete Post 
Going for a revival! I'm bringing it back folks.

hatrackchat on aim that is, not IRC.

If you don't know how to get on:
I personally prefer Pidgin (used to be called Gaim) and it's called Adium on Mac.

http://pidgin.im
http://adiumx.com

to create a 'screen name' go:
http://dashboard.aim.com/aim
upper left click Create a screen name.

Once you have a name, you can join Chat!

Edit: by upper left, I mean my other left!

[ January 17, 2008, 12:52 AM: Message edited by: rav ]

Posts: 121 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.