FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Bill Clinton is RIGHT!

Author Topic: Bill Clinton is RIGHT!
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
The south beach diet REALLY works!

I went on it last monday, and how did all my whining about missing beer pay off???

I lost 15 pounds in a week!

Thanks Bill!

T

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
At least he gets some recognition for SOMETHING.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Uh, champ? Most of that weight is water weight. A lot of the foods you were eating were high in salt, and the high levels of water you should be intaking on the diet should flush out a lot of retained water. Look for real weight loss after you induce ketosis by not eating carbs. Also enjoy the lightheadedness, it's the best part!
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
um. i eat some carbs.
just none of the bad ones.

you must also take into account 2 things

#1 - It cuts out sugar almost completely.

You must weigh this against what I use to intake in sugar. Let me put it this way, there maybe a hand of full of people on earth who enjoy sweets more than I.

Ever eaten a tub of frosting with a bag of oatmeal and raisin cookies and then washed it down with some circus peanuts and a 2 liter of pepsi?

Welcome to crazy Thor land!

#2 - No alcohol.

I love beer. I drink 32 ounces of it 4 times a week. I've cut that out, totally. In one week I can start to have 2 glasses of wine a day!

Thank you Jesus!

On top of that, I worked out 4 times in the last 6 days, and we're talking 2 1/2 hour tear apart the gym workouts.

woot!

This diet has helped me stop a few really bad habits.

woot!

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
margarita
Member # 6856

- posted      Profile for margarita   Email margarita         Edit/Delete Post 
When it works, it works. You just have to stick with it. The next couple weeks will go more slowly, but the weight coming off won't be water weight. I've been there. [Smile]

And yes, I've done things similar to your frosting + oatmeal raisin cookies + circus peanuts + pepsi routine. I love sugar.

Posts: 54 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.