FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » ElJay spotting? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: ElJay spotting?
Traveler
Member # 3615

- posted      Profile for Traveler           Edit/Delete Post 
ElJay,
Were you by chance in St. Paul yesterday evening at W.A. Frost??

I only know you from photos..but I saw a person at table near me on my way out that looked very much like you.

-Matt

Posts: 512 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, not me. Nice restaurant, though. [Smile]

Wanna meet for ice cream? I'm free Thursday after work, or sometime next week. (And I work in St Paul, so Izzy's or Grand Old Creamery are both on my way home.)

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
No comment.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traveler
Member # 3615

Sure. We could even do lunch. I also work in St. Paul...right above W.A.Frost actually. I'll have to check my schedule for any after work events. =)

You must have a twin running around the cities!

Posts: 512 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a date! I’m jealous!
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Me, too. That Traveler is a dream....
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Eljay! I just found out a good friend of mine from here (we used to work together) is moving to your area (Minneapolis/St. Paul) to open a franchise. So cool. I hope she does well. She is like you -- a real dynamo. I think she will be successful no matter what she tries.

I ought to put her in touch with you. But maybe that would seem a bit weird.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traveler
Member # 3615

LOL! I've tried to think of something witty to say to Papa Moose...but having him call me 'a dream' has left me at a loss of words.
ElJay
Member # 6358

Kwea, you kinda creep me out. Wanna lay off? I know you're married and you don't mean anything by it and all that, but still. Enough already. Thanks.

Traveler, either ice cream or lunch would be fine. [Smile] I'm in downtown St Paul... Moscow on the Hill isn't open for lunch anymore, is it? Tuesday and Thursday are best for me as far as getting away for lunch.

Farmgirl, cool about your friend! If you want to give her my email, feel free. I'd be happy to help if she has questions about the city or whatever, or just needs a friendly ear.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Something I miss about the Twin Cities is all the cool little restaurants. So many to choose from!
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traveler
Member # 3615

Moscow on the Hill is open for lunch. However, they are SO slow there that you would have to have a couple hours free. Last time I was there they took an hour to bring me my food and then it was NOT what I ordered. Very frustrating.

There is Ferns in Blair Arcade...or La Grolla (very good - and a nice patio).

ElJay
Member # 6358

Yeah, I only went for lunch when they had the crepes room, that was a lot faster. I haven't been to La Grolla yet, would love to try it! When should we do it? Like I said, Tuesdays and Thursday are my best, beyond that my calendar is open.
ElJay
Member # 6358

(afr, did you used to live here? I didn't know that...)
advice for robots
Member # 2544

ElJay, I grew up in Duluth. We came down to the Cities every so often. So I suppose I had kind of an insider tourist's knowledge of the environs. But since I haven't been back there for about 10 years, it's all memory now.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

[Smile] Cool.

There are a lot of good restaurants.

Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
ElJay spotting? If ElJay has spots, you are to poke them!

*poke*

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
What I want to know is, what color are the spots? Are they pin-spots? Or more like Polka Dots? I think this thread could've been misconstrued as a lament that ElJay had the pox!
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread title keeps making me think of... something else. Something, uh, "feminine".
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Eeew, I remember when ElJay had chicken pox. It was gross.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

TTYTT, bev, that's the first thing I thought of as well, but I warn't gonna bring it up. [Big Grin]

Sorry, ElJay.

ElJay
Member # 6358

Funny, dkw, I seem to remember you having chicken pox at, oh, THE SAME TIME. [Razz] I only had them first by like a day.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Minneapolis/St. Paul and its very special ice cream parlors hold a very dear place in my heart.

Ahh...garlic/almond ice cream with hot fudge.

Yummmmmmmmmmmm....

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Wrong-o reindeer. You and Enig had them at the same time. I was a week later.

And I didn't have to look at mine. Blech.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
A pox on all of you!
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traveler
Member # 3615

ElJay - Would Noon, Thursday, June 2nd would work well for you?

Beverly - Now I wish I had given more thought to the thread title. Ewww indeed.

ElJay
Member # 6358

I think we need KrabbyPatty to weigh in on this. I was I think 5, so my memory ain't too clear. I just remember it was over Christmas break, which sucked, 'cause I didn't get to miss any school and I couldn't play with the cousins.
ElJay
Member # 6358

Traveler, noon 6/2 would work indeed. [Smile] Something to look forward to. So, is there a picture of you online, or will I have to count on you to recognize me?
dkw
Member # 3264

And I had to keep bringing you stuff, 'cause you had chicken pox on the bottoms of your widdle footsies and couldn't walk.
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

I've had a pox my entire life! Two of them, actually. They're arguing on this thread right now.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

When I got back to school after chicken pox, one of my friends had assembled a big "Welcome Back" card for me that everyone in the 6th grade had signed.

The girl I had a crush on had put a circle over the "i" in her name, like girls do. Later on, in secret, I changed that circle to a heart, because that's what I wished she would have put there. :)

ChaosTheory
Member # 7069

- posted      Profile for ChaosTheory   Email ChaosTheory         Edit/Delete Post 
Two restaurants that you should always check out in the Twin cities: The St. Claire Broiler and of course The Tavern on Grand -- best Walleye you could possibly ever have, and they have a delicious angus burger (the real kind not that crap Burger King has)
Posts: 163 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
I was afraid that this was another ewww, gross, woman's thread. Thankfully, it wasn't what I feared. Have fun you two!
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

dkw, sounds like an excellent use of your time.

Chaos, are you in town, too? Watcha doing for lunch June 2?

I'm not a huge fan of the Broiler, myself, but I do like The Tavern.

Traveler
Member # 3615

Well...I don't have a picture online. I can try to remedy that. In the meantime, just look for the guy with the red hair sitting by himself.

To give you a little more background on me.. I'm a 34 year old IT Everything (meaning GIS / Application developer / Web designer / Network / Support / graphics designer / etc. etc.) for a Cultural Resource Management Group which means we do things like archaeology, architectural history, etc. I am not married..though I do live with my significant other (7 years now...so common law in some states...).

ElJay
Member # 6358

Cool. And if I walk in and there are 3 redheads sitting alone, I'll look between y'all blankly until you identify yourself. [Wink]
Traveler
Member # 3615

Sounds like a good plan!
Kwea
Member # 2199

Talk about not getting the point....not only was that not a comment directed to you in a suggestive manner, I was actually surprised that you thought it was.

It was suppose to be a comment on how everyone out there was lucky enough to have gotten to see all of you lately, what with the wedding and all. No one here seems to see each other much these days, they are all too busy with weddings and concerts....

I thought it was a joke, a funny comment...the fact that it happened to be in a thread of yours was coincidence.

Also, the title reminded me of something completely unrelated. Something I wasn't going to mention, not even here. I obviously wasn't the only one to question the wording of the topic, but I couldn't find a polite way to mention it...(and here is the ironic part) and I didnl want anyone to take offense if I questioned it.

I don't even remember when I last said anything that could possibly be taken that way, really, not since I mentioned the fact that I had been joking all along, and said that I would be more careful.

I am sorry you were creeped out, although I can't see why.

It won't happen again, trust me. I like you, you seem cool, and I like Bob and Dana, but had I realized that a "no comment" could possibly be taken that way I would have never posted it in the first place.

The only reason I don't delete it is that would make it seem like I had said something I was ashamed of, and also because I hate it when someone does that to me.

Kwea

[ May 24, 2005, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang, now I'm all homesick.

quote:
To give you a little more background on me.. I'm a 34 year old IT Everything (meaning GIS / Application developer / Web designer / Network / Support / graphics designer / etc. etc.) for a Cultural Resource Management Group which means we do things like archaeology, architectural history, etc. I am not married..though I do live with my significant other (7 years now...so common law in some states...).
Is that Section 101? I don't recall where they are.
Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traveler
Member # 3615

Section 106
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
I knew 101 sounded wrong.
Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChaosTheory
Member # 7069

- posted      Profile for ChaosTheory   Email ChaosTheory         Edit/Delete Post 
"Chaos, are you in town, too? Watcha doing for lunch June 2?"

I'm here in South St. Paul pretty much around the clock. Sorry but looks like I have school on the second...school, ruining lives everywhere. [Mad] [Wink]

Posts: 163 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Oh, yeah, I remember you saying that before.... I grew up in Inver Grove Heights. Perhaps we can get together another time. [Smile]
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rakeesh:
What I want to know is, what color are the spots? Are they pin-spots? Or more like Polka Dots? I think this thread could've been misconstrued as a lament that ElJay had the pox!

They're tickle-spots!

(When I was little, I called polka-dots "tickle-spots". It kinda stuck.)

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

*bump*

Don't forget lunch tomorrow!

(Meaning Traveler, and lunch with me, but all the rest of you should remember to eat, too. [Smile] )

Kwea
Member # 2199

Not a chance I would forget to, although perhaps I would be better off if I did . . . [Big Grin]
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
For now I'm living in the DC area, but I'll be coming up for orientation at Macalester College on September 3rd, so.. if any of the natives wouldn't mind meeting up with me two or three weeks later (after I've settled in), I'm all for getting to see Jatraqueros and a little more of my new home.

That said, I'm so excited that I'll be in the Twin Cities clump next year - everyone seems so friendly and fun to be around!

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

I'm looking forward to meeting you, Pixie! And I'll happily show you around anywhere you want to see here in town.

Enigmatic
Member # 7785

Friendly? Fun to be around?
ElJay, you are ruining our reputation as surly, unpleasant misanthropes. For shame!

--Enigmatic

ElJay
Member # 6358

Pppttththhhhhhhhiiiibbbt!
Kwea
Member # 2199

[ROFL]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.