FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Please ignore this...

Author Topic: Please ignore this...
Lanfear
Member # 7776

- posted      Profile for Lanfear   Email Lanfear         Edit/Delete Post 
sorry need to page to transfer docs to another computer...

Parent Information Sheet

Complete the Clues in the order they are given. Do not give the kids a clue until the previous clue has been completed. The first team back to the church wins the Race.

Follow the youth throughout the entire challenge. Make sure they complete the challenge.

Clue #1
Race to the Bowling Alley and find a bowler. Ask if you may bowl one ball for them. If they say no, proceed to ask others until someone lets you bowl one ball. Race back to your car and your driver will give you the next clue.

Clue #2
Proceed to the Lake Elsinore Del Taco. Your team has been given enough money to buy Fifteen Taco’s. Your team must eat all the tacos, but no team member can eat more than 4. For every taco that your team doesn’t eat a One minute time delay will be enforced when your back at the church.

Clue #3
Race to the nearest grocery store and purchase 5 individual items for under $3.00. One pack of gum with Five sticks does not count. Etc. Race back to the car for your next clue.

Clue #4
Take Your car and drive to a gas station. Fill it up with exactly 25 cents worth of gas. Bring the receipt. If you are over or under 25 cents of gas you will have to go back and get the right amount.

Clue #5
Race back to the church. First team there is the winner.

Posts: 332 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like fun!

Why don't you e-mail it to yourself, though? [Confused]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I used to do that.
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
That's exactly what I was wondering...
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
though mixing gas and a race somehow seems like a bad idea.

I can picture someone racing off with the nozzle still in their tank.

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Good job with the ignoring instruction, guys.
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lanfear
Member # 7776

- posted      Profile for Lanfear   Email Lanfear         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry guys. It was for a mutual activity. Im teachers quorum president.. and i had like five minutes.. and didnt forgot i could email it to myself.. but i remembered hatrack

It was actually quite a bit of fun

Posts: 332 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
with a title like "please ignore this" I'm surprised you don't have more replies... [Razz]
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kayla:
Good job with the ignoring instruction, guys.

I don't think one of those "ingore this" posts has ever gone without reply. [Smile]

Plus, we were told to "please, ignore this" It was more of a request than a demand. We were just being rude. [Razz]

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
gee, now i feel silly for not posting after all lol
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
This does sound like fun! I'm supposed to put together a photo scavenger hunt for my church's youth group, and I have never done it before. You have any ideas on that one? We are doing it at the county zoo. I sorta know what I want on the list for them to photograph, but still have some logistics to figure out (how to divide up groups, how to judge) etc.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Years ago, in an LDS institute class on dating & marriage, we had an assignment of doing a dating marathon. Basic premise - date as many different people as possible in an 18 hour period. Extra points for presentation and quality of dates, ie variety of dates. Sports, culture, science, etc.

I submitted mine in the form of a photographic essay. Dates involved the Focault pendulum, a dinosaur, a boa constrictor at the life sciences building, a proposal under a bell tower, blowing bubbles, making dessert, a charity date with a guy on crutches, and the list goes on. Well, I got a trophy (31 dates, by the way!) along with two sisters who did tag team dating.

So* that was my glorified way of saying that you could add points for creativity in presentation or execution, for example. Extra points for latin and common names. Extra points for quality of the pictures or humourous moments captured. Extra points for knowing what the animals eat. Extra points for... So* have a baseline for the basics and add for the extras.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Great ideas, quid!
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Whew! So my tales come in handy after all? [Big Grin] Not totally useless fluff?
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
That's awesome quid. I wish my institute class had us do something like that... however I was REALLY busy at the time I took that class.. barely had time to go on ONE date.
Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
Saying ignore this is like posting a giant neon sigh that says EVERYONE COME HERE. Kinda like how when I useed to play starcraft if a place said newbies only it usually atracted all the best players. Wonder what would happen if you put really good players only...
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
THREE HUNDRED POSTS [Party]
Really don't care but thought I should commerate anyway.

Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! I used to live in Lake Elsinore. [Wink] But I didn't attend church much, and it was in the '80s. (Like 1987). Oh, well.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
THIRTY-ONE DATES IN EIGHTEEN HOURS!?! [Eek!]

That's like 15-20 minutes a date! Less if any of them included substantial travel time.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

No substantial travel time involved. [Big Grin]

I was visiting a friend at BYU, and she lined up most of the dates for me, but some of them spontaneously happened on the day itself as people asked or overheard about what was going on. Like the guy who took me to the life sciences building and wrapped a big huge boa around us - spontaneous. He was out with his girlfriend at the time he heard about this and his girlfriend told him to just do something with me and they'd meet up later.

It was a lot of fun, a huge ego boost, and exhausting, too. I was glad when it was over.

Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

- posted      Profile for Haloed Silhouette   Email Haloed Silhouette         Edit/Delete Post 
LDS... Latter Day Saints... But it reminds me - and God only knoweth why - of LSD.
Posts: 358 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.