FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Official Waiting for Narnia Thread

Author Topic: The Official Waiting for Narnia Thread
Shepherd
Member # 7380

- posted      Profile for Shepherd           Edit/Delete Post 
*drools over trailer and the sweet WETA stuff therein*
Posts: 242 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portabello
Member # 7710

- posted      Profile for Portabello   Email Portabello         Edit/Delete Post 
Cecily! I haven't seen you around for a while! Where are you?
Posts: 751 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shepherd
Member # 7380

Who's cecily?
Posts: 242 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
It will either be beautiful or ruin a large part of my childhood.
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shepherd
Member # 7380

Im going for the beautiful, though if it isn;t the old BBC ones are nice enough.
Shepherd
Member # 7380

I keep on seeing the fox being mentioned in the trailer and cast lists but I can;t remeber the fox character in the book, anyone wanna refresh my memory?
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
The Fox was one of the Narnians celebrating Christmas, who the Witch turned to stone.

He hasn't been seen in the trailer.

Rupert Everett voices him in the film, but beyond that nothing is known.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shepherd
Member # 7380

K, thanks, I remember him now. I only really remembered the beaver family, and the wolf secret police, and mr. tumnus creature wise.
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm Cecily, and I'm also the one you're all waiting for! [Big Grin]

[aside]I'm doing well Porter, been out of the country and back and trying to make it to the end of the school year without keeling over. That's the goal.[/aside]

I too am so excited for this movie. The trailer was so awesome that the fact that the movie will be better is a thrilling thought.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shepherd
Member # 7380

Im going to revive the thread now.

"Clear"

*uses defilbrilator*

Shepherd saves the day again!

Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Every time I see one of these Narnia threads I think it's about Cecily for a minute then realize. Oh yeah...The movie [Smile]
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gryphonesse
Member # 6651

- posted      Profile for Gryphonesse   Email Gryphonesse         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been trying to find the paperback box set for months now, for nostalgia as well as to read them all again. I **HOPE** the film is at least bearable. It looks really good, so far! The old 1970s cartoon was on a month or so ago, and I couldn't properly explain to my hubby why I was sitting there watching a really old funkily-animated cartoon with rapt attention... [Smile]
Posts: 262 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

That was my evil plot all along. I knew when I registered that there would BE a Narnia movie and I've been waiting patiently while all the while conditioning you to think of me when you see the word "Narnia." [Smile] Heck, I even think of myself!

Isn't that a clever plot?

Speaking of the movie, I saw the trailer when I went to see Ep. III over the weekend. Wow. The scene shots seem to last a little longer on the big screen, probably just because I can see them better. I am so fired up to see more of Jadis and her palace. I love Aslan, but I'm intrigued by the bad guy. [Smile] I wonder if they manage to make her look 7 feet tall with super-human strength.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shepherd
Member # 7380

Well, WETA is doing the special effects so I figre they can pull it off right enough.
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Weta is doing part of the live action special FX...the digital stuff is being by Rhythm and Hues.

Judging by the few glimpses in the teaser, Jadis is VERY tall and VERY strong. That scene where she picks up Edmund one-handed without lifting an eyelid would seem to bear that out.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

The Force is with the Chronicles of Narnia.

According to Barnes and Noble, the Omnibus edition of the Chronicles of Narnia and the 7 Book Boxed Set have seen a sharp spike in sales since May 19th. The former rising to the #40 spot on their Top 100 Best Sellers list!

Narnia
Member # 1071

Can I get a w00t?? That is awesome. [Smile]

Funny, that paperback box set is the one I have. It was a gift to me on my 20th birthday from one of my very best friends and I read the books for the first time that summer. They meant so much to me, I'm kind of glad that I didn't read them until I was older.

mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
The had the single volume set at Costco once for like $11. It is one of the two things I regret not buying when I saw it. The other was a Gumby wath back in 1986.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.