FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Come in here and hug me (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Come in here and hug me
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
I would really appreciate support right now. I just had to say some things to my family that have been on my heart for a long time. I said them nicely, but the crap is going to hit the fan and I'm scared. Sometimes it's just nice to know that you aren't alone, know what I mean? Thanks.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
(((So*)))
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
(((Space Opera)))

Take heart...we're all with you, and everything will work out.

*hugs*

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Space Opera)))

You're an awesome lady, and I admire you very much. Everything will be okay.

Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
((SO*))
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope it works out for you Mrs. Opera - sometimes you just have to do what you have to do.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Love casts out fear.

((So*))

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
**hugs**

I'm proud of you for saying what you felt you had to say. I wish you luck in dealing with teh fallout.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
((SO))

- We can not be bound by words, by times, by memories. Always forward.

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
((Space opera, Mr. Opera, boy opera and operaetta))

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
((SO))
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
(((SO)))
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldn't be a good Opera without a few bumps.
Hope it all works out ok

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
(((Space Opera)))
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes I am truly humbled by the affection and friendship here. Thank you.

I don't have high hopes for it turning out well. But just saying something has brought me a small measure of peace - I hope that will be enough.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Honesty and niceness are always best. Looks like you covered them both and you're going to be ok. (((SO)))
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
((SO*))
Ugh, family drama. Good for you for unburdening you heart, politely.
And good luck with the blow-back.

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
((SO*)) I hope everything goes well.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
That's one of the hardest things in life you will ever do. *hug*
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck. [Group Hug]
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs*
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altáriël of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altáriël of Dorthonion   Email Altáriël of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
((So*))

Can you tell us what kinds of things you will tell your family? I thought you needed a hug because of your baby, but if its the family, then I'd like to know why they would get mad at you as much as you seem to fear they will even if you are expecting.

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Never be afraid to speak your mind or to tell of your heart.

((SO* and all the Opera family)

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Space Opera)))
I hope that letting it out allowed some things to get resolved. [Smile]

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs Space Opera and family*
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Hugs to you (((Space Opera)))
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't tell me, as it seems like a very private thing. Here is a hug, I don't need to know why..

(((hug)))

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
You are not alone. [Smile]

((SO))

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
((((SO))))

I was afraid when I saw the title too.

Whatever it is, helaing will eventually come from it. Stay strong.

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
((((SO))))

What everyone else said, they got all that through psychic communication with me. [Smile]

Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bunbun
Member # 6814

- posted      Profile for bunbun   Email bunbun         Edit/Delete Post 
Go SO!

I will be thinking of you. Family crap is the worst kind of crap. However, be bold and might forces will come to your aid, someone wise (Dagonee) once said to me.

Posts: 516 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
That was Frances McDormand, sweetie. [Razz]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
(((SO)))
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
*hug*
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
{{{{{{{{{{{{{Space}}}}}}}}}}
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

Sorry, Space Opera. Do you feel like you are waiting for the other shoe to drop? Have you received any response yet?

*hugs*

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
(((SO)))

You know you've got us curious now, right? Not that you owe us an explanation - you don't. I'm just saying.

Good luck. Sometimes family really suck. (((SO)))

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Space Opera))) I'm thinking of you. I hope everything goes well.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Space Opera)))
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alluvion
Member # 7462

- posted      Profile for alluvion   Email alluvion         Edit/Delete Post 
that sucks, SO. Hope it ends well.
Posts: 551 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck - ((((((((((((Space Opera)))))))))))))
Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BotaLadyG
Member # 7053

- posted      Profile for BotaLadyG   Email BotaLadyG         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear heavens SO, you ascared me with this thread title!! Don't do that!

all jibbing aside, I hope that things go well for you. I have a pretty *interesting* family myself and I know how families can get sometimes when they hear things that they would rather ignore or pretend aren't there (if that makes sense?) so you have a great big bear hug from me

{{{{{{{SO}}}}}}}

Nicole

Posts: 115 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((SO)))))

[Smile]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
((((((((((((Space Opera))))))))))))) I really understand what you had to go through. And we're always here for you as a padded shoulder. [Smile]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
(((Space Opera)))
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((SO))))) Hope these aren't too late!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
(((hugs))) and lots of love from us.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
{{{{{Space Opera }}}}}

Whatever it is, you know there are people here to support you and be a listening ear/shoulder to cry on.

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
(((hugs))) for the space opera soap opera. It will be fine.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

The other shoe dropped today. I just received another e-mail from a family member with such caring gems like "Do you expect me to just stop living because you moved away?" I'm honestly sorry that I said anything because I don't think I can do this. I expected anger, but to be mocked hurts too badly. I'm not sure what to do, but I can't take this level of stress. Earlier today I started crying (loudly) outside of the public library in front of my poor children and various strangers.

Thanks for the hugs. I need them.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.