FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm cooler than you. (Now with DallasCon photos.) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: I'm cooler than you. (Now with DallasCon photos.)
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I have 8 registered Hatrackers in my apartment right now. And one non-registered family member.

Ha, ha.

(The stupid hotel does not have broadband. And they laughed at Rivka. For this, we will be revenged upon them when we fill out our survey sheets.)

Anyway.

We are awesome, and you are currently not.

[ May 31, 2005, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Hahaha! I'm a real boy...err...yeah.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
Curse you kq...however, the fact that you post this now could imply that you were not, or didn't think, you were cool before, thus any coolness is purely temporary [Smile]

Which means there's still hope for me.

Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I am always cool. However, right now, I am cooler than you.

Pictures! I love technology. (Always and forever...)

Me singing karoake ("Walkin' After Midnight")
FarmGirl and IvyGirl try their, ah, mouths (?) at karoake
Emma enjoys the TJ's chocolate orange sticks that Rivka generously brought along
The birthday cake, decorated by rivka. (I have hair on my "A".)
Waiting for dinner at Madras Pavilion
Ketchup Princess' comment on the food at Madras Pavilion: "I like dat."
Group photo after dinner
We can't live without out Hatrack fixes...

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Only 8?

Phish.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Emma is wearing JaneX's old baby outfit. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BryanP
Member # 7772

- posted      Profile for BryanP           Edit/Delete Post 
Now, I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that that means you are actually the antithesis of cool...

Sorry to burst your bubble and all that.

Posts: 326 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Bryan, Kwea, [Taunt]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
*jealous*

I'm there in spirit, you guys! So you'd BETTER be having fun! [Razz]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
why did they laugh at Rivka?

Not that I find it weird... [Razz]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Emma is *such* a cutie/

[Big Grin]

Rivka, I really really like your top. Very pretty. [Smile]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
If you were really cool you'd know you're in a room with 8 jatraqueros, not Hatrackers. [Razz]

[ May 29, 2005, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Dag, while that is a term I often use, this weekend we have been mostly saying "Hatrackers". So there. You don't get it becuase you didn't come. [Taunt]

We had breakfast at Katie's this morning. And a book exchange. This afternoon I will have people in my apartment again. So there.

Lurker-girl is coming to give massages. [Big Grin] (She's a total sweetie.)

Dagonee
Member # 5818

[Grumble]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
<insert jealous tantrum here>
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

Bob, if it makes you feel any better, you got to make me half-real before I got here. Not the same, I know, but I am rather wonderful.

Also, does this make Daniel and Jennifer "Real" by proxy? They've met me and Bob. [Big Grin]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

In the last thread we discussed on the real rules, the rule was that a person is real if that person has met two people who are real. Not "were real" at the time of the meeting, but are real now.

So yes, Daniel and Jennifer are real.

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
KQ, you look so much like my Mom in that group picture, it's scary. [Angst]
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Lurker-girl gives WONDERFUL massages. Blissed-out looks that lasted quite some time afterwards were the normal response. [Big Grin]

imogen, thanks. [Smile]

Kama, they were laughing at the very NOTION that they might possibly have told me when I made my reservation that there was broadband. (Never mind the claims on their website.)

Reviews (on as many hotel review websites as I can find) of the hotel, giving both the good (nice room, good price) and the bad (service! [Razz] ) are forthcoming.

Oh, and Kama? [Taunt]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
KQ, you look so much like my Mom in that group picture, it's scary.
I'm not sure whether to take this as a compliment or an insult.
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I think this thread is responsible for my Hatrack dream this afternoon (Sunday afternoon nap [Wink] )

Rivka was in my living room, talking to a guy who works at my paper. Farmgirl was taking pictures all around, and when it came time to do my picture, I had her take a picture of me pointing (like a game show model) at my sink, where freshly washed dishes were piled up. [Dont Know]

Jealousy must be subconscious. [Wink]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
Lurker-girl gives WONDERFUL massages. Blissed-out looks that lasted quite some time afterwards were the normal response. [Big Grin]

Well, I've still got a nice content smile on my face and it's how many hours later?

And, just in case you haven't figured it out, I (and my hair) made it home safely despite the insanely heavy rains encountered.

Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Uh... Lurker-girl isn't gonna be in SoCal around July 10th by any chance, is she?
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

She does give torturously wonderfully good massages. I was surprised that she is so strong underneath that petite physique.

I'm home too, with my "oh, you use conditioner!" hair. The kids are all asleep, including the giant one.

I'm so very glad I came. I had a truly fabulous time. Next time, though, I will definitely make other arrangements for my kids.

Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
Who are all the people in the picture? [Dont Know]

Gimme' one o' those "from left to right" lists. [Smile]

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

The good news: my plane left not only on time, but a few minutes early.

The bad news: it was packed to the gills.

The good news: we arrived about 20 minutes early.

The bad news: there was still a plane at our gate, and IT left late. [Razz] 30 minutes of sitting and idling.

The good news: I'm home! [Smile]

The bad news: Grading. Must do grading. Cannot go to sleep yet . . . *eyes bed wistfully*

The best news: I had a wonderful time! Hatrackers are great people, and lots of fun.

Especially after midnight. [Big Grin]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Okay, people in the picture, from left to right:

Front row: katharina, Risuena, fishtail, Jim-Me's girlfriend Michelle, Farmgirl.
Back row: KetchupPrinceConsort, Ketchup Princess, ketchupqueen, Coccinelle, Brillo, Jim-Me, Boon, Ivygirl, rivka.

David, Farmgirl's son, was the one taking the picture.

Can someone fill in my blanks?

[ May 31, 2005, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

You know what else is more fun after midnight? Q-Turn. You also really need four people playing-- preferably people who are already holding grudges against each other for sabotage during Chrononauts. [Big Grin]
Lurker-Girl
Member # 7802

- posted      Profile for Lurker-Girl   Email Lurker-Girl         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww! [Blushing]

Thanks, guys--I'm glad you enjoyed the massages.

Papa Moose, I would love to be in SoCal in July, but there's no way I'd entrust my table to the airlines. [Angst]

Boon, somehow I don't think I'll put 'toturously good' on my business cards. [ROFL]

My blissed-out look came from KQ's dinner (for which I forgot to say thank you [Kiss] ).

KQ, I think you blanked out on Fishtail's husband?

[ May 30, 2005, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: Lurker-Girl ]

Posts: 74 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

She posts! [Eek!] It's a miracle! [Wink]

Yes, Fishtail's hubby. But he has a name, no? So does Jim-Me's girlfriend, for that matter...

I just finished my lunch-- leftovers from Saturday. [Big Grin]

And when Emma wakes from her noon nap, we're going to the store to pick up stuff for tonight's dinner. Lurker-Girl, do you like roasts? Steak? Fish? *plots to get Lurker-Girl addicted to her cooking*

Lurker-Girl
Member # 7802

- posted      Profile for Lurker-Girl   Email Lurker-Girl         Edit/Delete Post 
Not much of a miracle if it's happened over forty times before. [Razz]

I know both the names you're looking for, but I don't know if the aforesaid people want their names posted.....

Sure, get me addicted to your cooking and then move away. [Cry]

Posts: 74 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter
Member # 4373

- posted      Profile for Peter   Email Peter         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Pictures! I love technology. (Always and forever...)
[ROFL]
just that little line had me laughing.

Posts: 283 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

But Lurker-Girl, you can come live with us when we move! [Wink]
Lurker-Girl
Member # 7802

LOL--yeah, maybe after a year or so Emma would stop shying away from me....
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oh, come on. It would be faster than that-- much faster, once she realized you're the one who would be a soft touch for sneaking her chocolate and extra snacks...
Lurker-Girl
Member # 7802

Only if I could hand her back to you once she was sugar-high. [Razz]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I love Lurker-Girl. She is, like, totally awesome. [Smile]

Yes, I had a massage.

Plus, she gave me an excuse to cook her dinner (which meant I got to eat it, too.) [Big Grin]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oh, and apparently Emma learned a new word this weekend:

"Chocal".

Yes, it means what you think it means, and yes, she likes the pineapple as well as the orange sticks (if not better). [Smile]

Good job, everyone; it's a word every woman should learn early. [Big Grin]

rivka
Member # 4859

*started her box of pineapple sticks this morning*

*agrees with Emma's assessment*

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha ha! KQ got a photo of David! (on the Madras Pavilion table shot). Now I can tease him....

Home safe and sound yesterday. I will post photos when I get a chance and get caught up here at work.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lurker-Girl
Member # 7802

Farmgirl, I'm really sorry I didn't get the chance to give your son a massage. [Frown]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

(She really is. She's been mentioning it since you left. [Wink] )

And it's a pretty good shot of him, even if it's not necessarily of anyone else. That's why I kept it. [Big Grin]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Okay -- now My Photos Are Up!

Sorry about the last three -- they were after we left the DallasCon group, but I wanted them up anyway.

I tried to put a semi-caption in the file name itself.

If you click on the first thumbnail - it will then give you arrows to browse through one at a time without having to go back to the home thumbnail page. (My thanks yet again to I3 from Hatrack for cluing me in on PhotoShop web album feature some time ago -- it has come in SO handy when I am short of time).

Lurker-Girl - not to worry. David was probably too shy to let you do it anyway... I had mentioned it to him, and he wasn't so sure about the whole idea..

Farmgirl

(edit: I just realized I got NO photos of lurker-girl. Did she escape everyone's camera?)

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
The friend of Kat is Coccinelle, who is on Hatrack. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Those are much better than mine. [Big Grin]

I was bummed I didn't remember the camera Sat. night; I wanted a bowling shoes picture.

And then Sunday I just didn't take any, for some reason.

I'm glad you got some of Jim's kids; they were so cute! We had the most fun taking Catherine, Lizzie, and Robbie for a walk. We were counting palm trees and Catherine proudly proclaimed, "There are eight!" Lizzie said, "That's a big number of them." Catherine said, "That's how many years old I am! Last year I was seven." Lizzie said, "Three is a magic number." [ROFL] It was so adorable!

Jeff looks EEEE-vil in that group shot. [Laugh]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Oops - well, can't correct the file name now -- but I really had no idea. Somewhere in the conversation I didn't hear that tidbit! [Smile] So sorry Coccinelle! I also can't remember Fishtail's husband's name, etc. etc.

KQ - do you think if you added "DallsCon Photos" to the thread title, we could draw more people in here (since both your photos and mine are here)? People, as a rule, even lurkers, can't resist photos.

FG
(yeah - sorry, Jeff, about the flash "white-eye" in that night group shot)

Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow - Farmgirl I think you've taken more pictures of me than anyone I know. And they're not hideous shots of me, either. That's kind of miraculous, believe it or not.

Personally, I love the one of Jim-me giving Robbie(?) a ride.

Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I like that one, and also the one that captures all of rivka's sparkle. [Big Grin]
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Cute, cute people! Did Kat cut her hair, or is it pulled back? The lighting makes it hard to tell.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
quote:
KQ, you look so much like my Mom in that group picture, it's scary.
I'm not sure whether to take this as a compliment or an insult.
It's a compliment. It's just scary that a hatracker looks like my mom.

*sits up straight*
"Yes ma'am, I'll behave now." [Wink]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.