FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm cooler than you. (Now with DallasCon photos.) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: I'm cooler than you. (Now with DallasCon photos.)
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite was also the one of rivka....

(besides the ones of my kids, of course....) [Wink]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I did like the ones of Emma. [Smile] And this one, even though it's not a great one of me, is definitely a moment in time and very cute. I would print it out and frame it if Emma hadn't broken our printer. [Grumble]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Wait just a cotton-pickin' minute!

How did my my photos of KQ's cat not get uploaded with the rest? (only two).

I must have missed them. Will go back and put those two up tomorrow, if I can figure a way to get them there in the right order.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Only one cat? Must have been Patrick...

Oh, that's right, Roli hid from everyone but Boon.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
No, I (very briefly) saw two cats Saturday night.

Otherwise I might be convinced you only had one, and needed your eyes checked. [Wink]

FG, great pictures! Even if this one did put that song BACK in my head. >_<

[Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I am such a ham. [Blushing]
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
But it was so much FUN!

(Yes, I made sure to thank my mother profusely for loaning us the karaoke equipment.)

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
On one of those tv screens did I see the lyrics to "Leaving on a Jet plane"?

*thumbs up*

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

Yes, I remember that!
Boon
unregistered

I brought more than 100 disks, with 10-20 songs or so on each one. Of course, some had songs that were on other disks...but I'd guess that we had 1000 or more different songs to choose from. [Smile]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

And boy, did we sing a lot of songs. Some individually, but many just all of us sitting and singing together and laughing at the craziness of their lyrics.

And then there was "Sweet Dreams", with the crazy 80's dancing lady during the instrumental break. I will never again hear that song without thinking of that lady. [ROFL]

Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tater:
On one of those tv screens did I see the lyrics to "Leaving on a Jet plane"?

*thumbs up*

That was me! Too bad I really only know the chorus well...

And KQ - I'd actually forgotten about the dancing girls. Shame on me!

Of course what I can't believe is that we (ok, ok, KQ and me), for some very strange reason, decided that we should sing "Genie in a bottle." I think we've got issues

Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

And then we sang "Oops I Did it Again".

All I can think is that we were completely out of our minds with sleep deprivation.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Maybe I should change the title of this thread to "apparently I'm not cooler than you." [Blushing]
Tater
Member # 7035

[ROFL]
Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Do you dare to laugh at me? Hmph. *refuses to share Chocolate Orange Sticks with Tater*
Boon
unregistered

Now that is a dire consequence indeed!
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

That, and withholding rhubarb pie. *withholds rhubarb pie*
Boon
unregistered

Oh, carp, now you've done it!
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Don't worry, Boon, I'm not withholding it from you. (((hugs))) *smirks at Tater*
Fishtail
Member # 3900

- posted      Profile for Fishtail   Email Fishtail         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everybody! Sorry it took me so long to get back online...

Hubby goes by "Brillo" online, but he's not ready to join up yet.

Awesome pics!

Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fishtail
Member # 3900

Oh, and the rhubarb pie was delicious! Thank you, kq!
Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

You're welcome. [Big Grin] I still have more rhubarb and am going to make more pie after I get over these cramps, if you're interested in sharing some. [Smile] (That applies to anyone in the area, actually; now that I know how much I like you, I'm going to have to make sure to see you more often. [Big Grin] )
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
I missed the pie [Frown]

I rather enjoyed the games though... not as much as Christian did, however. [Smile]

Great to meet you all (though I got way too little time chatting with anyone) and the dinner was awesome (from a confirmed non-vegetarian, I was really impressed and pleased).

All hail KQ for putting this thing together and making it happen! [Hail] [Hail] [Hail]

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I enjoyed your other kids while Christian was enjoying the games. [Smile]

And if you want some pie, as I said, invite yourself over... Technically there was still pie Saturday, Boon and I ate the last Sunday afternoon. But with so much going on, and cake and all, I officially rule it not your fault you didn't get any. [Wink]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

"Brillo", huh? Well, actually that somehow seems to fit your husband, Fishtail! [Smile]

FG

Lurker-Girl
Member # 7802

- posted      Profile for Lurker-Girl   Email Lurker-Girl         Edit/Delete Post 
Farmgirl, no one got a picture of me because I wasn't around much. . .and I threatened a slow, painful demise to anyone who tried to take one. [Evil]
Posts: 74 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

We were much too interested in keeping her around to massage us to take pictures of her. [Big Grin]
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a question...why Brillo? Juat curious, as that was a nickname for my entire famliy over the years.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Like a Brillo pad, I'd assume. [Dont Know]
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Kwea:
I have a question...why Brillo? Juat curious, as that was a nickname for my entire famliy over the years.

One word: Hair.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
fishtail assures me that there is more to the story but her job forbids her from posting at this time...

hopefully we'll see something soon [Smile]

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I think we should start a thread to harass him and David into registering. [Evil]
Fishtail
Member # 3900

Brillo for the very curly red hair, yes, as in a rusty Brillo pad. Although he said he'd been called that since high school, it mostly stuck when a musician friend of his used it. This friend lived just down the street and used to come over hubby's apartment to watch Twilight Zone every night, since he didn't have a TV. When the show was over, hubby would make him play a song on his guitar before he left. He still remembers the friendship with fondness to this day, and Andy still calls him Brillo.

Personally, I think it fits because he does like to scratch around to get beneath the surface of things. That may be too sentimental a thought...but then, I'm pretty far gone in the love dept.

rivka
Member # 4859

[Big Grin] Yeah, you two are fun to watch together.
Fishtail
Member # 3900

[Big Grin]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I miss DallasCon so much. I miss you all! [Cry]
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Curses! I was going to do something with the rhubarb yesterday when I was home, and I forgot. *sulks*
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Anything new on the status of you moving to SoCal, KQ?
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Katie, if you haven't used it yet, you might want to trim off the ends and switch the paper towel in the bag to keep it fresh.

FG, nothing yet, and Jeff had an interview this morning for something local that's temp-to-hire-- you know, just to keep our options open, and also so if it takes a while for everyone in CA to get off their butts, we'll have some income coming in in the meantime.

Boon
unregistered

Yeah, I was just thinking that I may have to deliver the box of girly stuff myself. Emma and Thomas need to meet, and it only takes a tank of gas to get there and back...not much more than shipping, honestly. [Big Grin]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Maybe we can meet somewhere near the border, so we each come halfway.

Your kids are homeschooled, right? We could make a picnic of it! They could help you make lunch (math, etc.), help you plan a route and calculate gas (geography, navigation, reading, more math), we could look at nature while we're there (science, language), they could write about it afterwards (language, observation), and we can sing "Red River Valley" (history, music)! [Big Grin]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Ooh, and that way we could steal one of your child gates, too.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

And it would be good exercise for all concerned, and a lot of fun! *goes to look up picnic areas near the border*
Tater
Member # 7035

Hey, since I've been good for about 5 days, can I have some pie?
and chocolate orange sticks?

[Big Grin]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*sniff* I don't know.

Are we awesomer than you? *raises eyebrow*

Tater
Member # 7035

Yes. [Hail]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

All right. *gives Tater a small piece of pie and 4 chocolate orange sticks*
Boon
unregistered

:thwaps Tater:

:evil glare eyes:

Fork 'em over!

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Boon, there's no need for that. *gives Boon two large pieces of pie and 16 chocolate orange sticks* (Some for later, you know.)
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.