FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Anyone else seen the ENRON movie?

Author Topic: Anyone else seen the ENRON movie?
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw it with my family. Pretty good movie, a little lean on facts and details though, makes me want to read the book.

What interested me though was not the movie but my reaction to it. Sometimes people watch things because they're basically a train-wreck (half the shows on Bravo about abusive parents and what not) and I was sucked into this one in a similar way, but I think for a different reason. I was watching, and I was of course disgusted with the decisions the leaders of ENRON made, but something else too. I was completely fascinated with the way in which they did it. I don't mean a kind of morbid curiosity, I mean more like "brilliant! I never would've thought of that!" In my defense most of that was for legitimate business practices, energy trading for instance, but even for some of the cover-up stuff, I was admiring their skills at the same time I was thinking what total scumbags they were.

Not sure what to make of all that.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll take that as a 'no'. Well, if you want to see it, like I said, good movie, but it's not a real documentary.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
It seems to have gotten pretty good reviews. I'd never heard of it till you brought it up. I thought you were talking about the movie made in 2003 based on the book by Brian Cruver.

Here is a snapshot of the reviews out there.

http://www.google.com/reviews?cid=b1a2dc4d116cf3c1&oi=showtimes&fq=enron

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
It's on my Netflix queue.
Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.