FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Universe 6 just opened today! we should start there, it is brand new! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Universe 6 just opened today! we should start there, it is brand new!
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
New rankings just came out. I'm the 4th rank player in uni 6, killeraces_com is 8th, Enigmatic 14th, Panthers325 24th, MrSquicky 50th. The alliance is still in 2nd place. Not bad for a bunch of rookies...
KweaSr and a whole bunch of other people are from 100-200 in the rankings...

Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I saw that and was about to comment on that. I spent a lot of resources on power plants and research last night, as well as a robotic factory, so while I climbed from 365 to 133 today it wasn't as dramatic a climb as yesterday was . . . but once I can run everything at full power again (my mines and the new Deut upgrade was tough) I should really improve my resources.

I think I am going to hit the mines hard now, since I found out that most to the fleet activity we were worried about was probably Sats rather than ships.

I still hope to have at least a cargo ship by tonight though, or tomorrow morning at the latest.

Kwea

[ June 04, 2005, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm ranked 504. Not bad for someone who is a day behind the rest of the universe [Smile] . I have 12 points, so I'm pretty much tied to what Enigmatic and Wowbagger had yesterday I think...
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Dammit, that was me again. I gotta pay more attention.

Niki is playing now, but she just started yesterday.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

[ROFL]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm... interesting
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I saw you joined, PC....welcome!

We are doing great as far as I can tell. [Big Grin]

Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
PC will help us open the first galactic stock exchange.

Primal Curve's rules of acquisition:

Peace is good for business.

War is good for business.

Sex is good for business....

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I will sell the Junk Bonds... [Wink]
Kwea
Member # 2199

I am being attacked by player SirVersace, who is a member of XT, one of the stronger alliances. Can anyone raid him back for us, so we aren't pushovers?

I will build a fleet by tonight, but for now I spent all my built up stuff on energy tech 2 and a new metal mine, just so he can't get it all.

Thanks,

Kwea

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you think he's got planetary defenses? I've got a cargo ship but no fighter right now, and won't have a fighter for another two hours. I could send my cargo ship blind, but even one missile launcher could take it out. It occurs to me, by the way, that we should raid the hell out of Galactus; he has 62 points and no fleet or research, so he's basically a giant farm at this point.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I wouldn't do it uitil you have at least one fighter. I don't have much for him, t be honest.

He isn't on the fleet list at all, so it must be lagging.

Kwea

Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
So if I were going to join the alliance, should I do it now or after I've built up more things? I'm not too far yet (ranked 1230) and have no defense yet either. I'm not sure if having more people helps alliances regardless of status or if weaker people hinder alliances. I'm content to wait if that's better.
Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Go ahead and join now, Astaril. Having a newbie in the alliance doesn't really hurt or help the alliance much either way, but having the tag of a large alliance next to your name may make other newbies less likely to attack you.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
Works for me. I'm more interested in stopping the 6 messages a day asking me to join other alliances. Ooh, or I could be a spy... [Evil] Ah, who am I kidding? I'm far too lazy for that. [Smile]
Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to be attacked in about 45 minutes by the #35-ranked player in Uni 6.

I've just built a missile launcher and am working toward having a small laser defense capability -- assuming I have enough resources to build it.

I plan to use up all my available resources just before the fleet arrives...

Anything else I might be doing? With limited resources, it's kind of difficult, of course, but I just want to make sure he gets as little as possible for his trouble and investment.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone know what a small laser (building) costs once you get the pre-requisites in place?
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
check out this cool thread found by MrSquicky:

http://www.ogame118.de/forum/thread.php?threadid=635

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob,
1,500 Metal, 500 Crystal. Here's a thread with the costs for everything.

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm almost upset. I've got a system with all greenies. Nobody wants to come and smash their heads against my defenses.
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Battle is over. He lost. I had my missle launchers waiting for him. He attacked with a cargo ship only (nothing else), and basically ended up sending 5 units of power at me when I could return 80.

I absorbed each of his hits with zero damage. He absorbed 10 of the 80 damage units I sent back.

It took 3 hits from my missles (210 total damage units absorbed) for me to kill his cargo ship.

I ended up taking 3 5-unit hits with zero damage.

Apparently planets must come with some minimal shielding or something. I didn't build a shield dome yet or anything.

Peter
Member # 4373

- posted      Profile for Peter   Email Peter         Edit/Delete Post 
How do you get into the Special parts of the forum?
Posts: 283 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

Defense buildings and most ships have some shields of their own. Missle bases have 20 shield points and light fighters have 10.

--Enigmatic

Edit: Apparently the cargo ship with no fighters is a common early rush strategy, because that's all my attacker sent too. I'm rather dissappointed, really. I had FOUR missle bases and THREE light fighters and it turns out I could have won that with one of either! I was looking forward to a battle!

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

So go pick on his home planet, and teach him not to mess with us!

Or come beat up on SirVersace for me, he had like 4 ships. [Big Grin]

Enigmatic
Member # 7785

Not bothering to raid anyone until I get cargo ships. Of course, that'll be in about 30 minutes...

--Enigmatic

Kwea
Member # 2199

Go get him at that point, maybe you can get my resources back from him and make use of them. [Razz]

1:27:11

Kwea
Member # 2199

He got me, and now i have debris floating around my planet...what is left of my one fighter. [Frown]

I was beating him until my missiles shut down.

Now I have small alsers avaliable thoguh, so I figure two fo thsoe should so a good job of shutting him down next time...all I need now is the metal, as I have teh crystals left for two of them.

Go get him, he is really low on reasearch, as far as I could tell, adn teh three ships he used on me, one cargo adn two light fighters, were the only ones on his fleet list as well.

Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Sure, I can help open one. Just as long as we call it the PCSE. Oh, and I get to ring the bell.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

OK, XT has declared unofficial war on us in Uni6.
They pounded Wowbagger with a 1-2 punch, and wrecked his fleet while he was at work.

There are only 5 of them, and they don't have very good defences at this point, but 4 of them are in the top 50, and two of them have a fleet count of 16. That includes spy probes which 2 of them currently have, adn solar sats, as well as cargo nad fighters.

Here we go!

Kwea

Wonko The Sane
Member # 2945

- posted      Profile for Wonko The Sane   Email Wonko The Sane         Edit/Delete Post 
hi everyone
Posts: 213 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

I am totally unprepared for such a war. At this point, I'm so far out in the universe that I don't think it matters. I'm pretty much alone in my solar system. I'm looking forward to colonizing the empty planets, though.
Valentine014
Member # 5981

Well, it looks like I've posted on this thread before, just not to my knowledge.

I'm a few days behind most of you, but I'm holding my own. (Haven't been raided yet, that is.)

Anyhow, I want you all to know that I working hard right now to build proper defences and weapons, my second priority is kicking some "UNICORN" a**.

*HOWLS IN A MANLY WAY*

ARE YOU WITH ME PEOPLE?!

[ June 07, 2005, 02:42 AM: Message edited by: Valentine014 ]

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Why Unicorn?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

We need to focus on XT, to be honest. Not that I wouldn't want to help you, but XT has declared "inoffficial" war against us, and me in particular. [Big Grin]
Kwea
Member # 2199

OK, XT asked if wanted to join them... [Big Grin]

How funny is that?

There is now a trades thread for anyone who is willing to trade. NFL needs crystals for the heavies, and Squick has peobes and needs crystals as well.

I have a decent supply of Deut if anyone needs some.

Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't fight two wars at once. XT is the problem right now, once we deal with them we will see about another war, hopefully with a much smaller aliance than Unicorn.
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

We shouldn't worry about a war at all, not for a while. This one is tough enough, and it isn't really a war at all yet.

A war is legal bashing. Legal bashing IS NOT FUN!

Raids are profitable though, if you survive them....

Wow, how is the rebuilding going?

Member # 7476

I have 5 missiles, 5 light fighters and 2 small cargo ships. I am currently raiding people without alliances....
Kwea
Member # 2199

That is about what I have....I have lasers though, a little better defence.

Also, I have 4 fighters, but will have at least 2 more tonight, and maybe probes as well.

Once I get probes I will be glad to probe for small fry we can share.... [Big Grin]

Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Quick, let me in...

I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

JT? Are you attacking another member of the Alliance?
TomDavidson
Member # 124

I think he's just fleetsaving, but I'm not sure. I hope he is.
Valentine014
Member # 5981

That's what I thought at first too. Then I reread gnixing's post:
quote:
One enemy fleet from player JT Stryker from planet rock [1:207:6] approaches planet noxon[1:308:12] The fleet consists of 7 ships.

Kwea
Member # 2199

I just got toasted, big time, by SirVersace. I had my whole fleet there, 8 ships, and he hit me.

I was offline because of connection problems. [Frown]

I don't even know if it is worth playing anymore, to be honest...I was about to send them all away as a fleeetsave, but I was offline for about an hour.

This sucks; it is bad enough that it happened the first time, but this one wasn't eevn my fault!

[Mad]

Valentine014
Member # 5981

How much did you lose?
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Kwea, dude, you're like the only reason I've been playing this game. You still have the buildings you need. Just keep it up, you'll have your fleet before I even start building mine.
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Just in case someone here reads it--can you admit me to the private part of Teshi's forum?
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

You have to request here to get in. Then click on it (not sure how long that takes) and it will let you in.
Kwea
Member # 2199

I lost 38G worth of this stuff. [Frown] 7 small fighters, and a cargo.

I just wrote him a note as well, no big deal.

I will ahve a small fleet by tomorrow, I am just pissed off. I could ahve come back to my computer earlier, to check if the DSL was still having problems. but I figured my fleet wouldn't be back yet.

I was wrong, I missed it my 4 min.

The problem is that there isn't anyone near me to raid at all, other than XT. I was one of the highest players today, before this happened...I was in the top 100 again, and top 50 in fleets, and now I am back down to at least 283.

I can't even send NFL any help to get him back!

Kwea

Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
I've got 6, count 'em, 6 different enemy fleets approaching me right now. They'll find 1 metal, 1 crystal, and 1600 deuterium to share around because I happened to be online when they came. Anyway, I figure not being in an alliance puts a big "ATTACK ME!" On your forehead that I'd rather not deal with again, so I applied to the alliance today.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.