FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I just watched The Notebook with my wife.

Author Topic: I just watched The Notebook with my wife.
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

- posted      Profile for johnsonweed           Edit/Delete Post 
It made me cry. [Cry]
dang it.

Posts: 514 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
That's what you get for watching a movie like that.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to see that one bad. No, really, I do. [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
Read the book, it's better.
Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
OK, so am I the *only* one who didn't cry and also didn't think it was such a great movie?! [Dont Know]

And I *do* cry at movies! I remember I cried during "Sleepy Hollow" at the thought that they called it a "horror" movie... [Cry] That was a freakin' comedy! Ugh... No, really, I do cry. Just not through "The Notebook".

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
I cried, my husband cried. In fact I think he cried more than me and it was embarrassing! But we both cry easily at movies.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
At least it wasn't in public [Wink] .

My boyfriend and I went to see it together at the local theater when it first came out and he cried at the end, too. It didn't help his pride much that I didn't cry then, but I recently watched it a second time and I started sniffling 20 minutes before the end and was flat out bawling by the time the credits rolled around. Yup, I'm a sucker for romance [Big Grin] .

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
My husband watched it, I hung out on line. The next day he decided it was too racy. But he had already taken it back by then [Wink] P.S. I mainly didn't watch it because the movie review I checked said it was treacly. And we had watched a lot of videos that week.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.