FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Dave Goes Browserless For A Week - On Purpose!

Author Topic: Dave Goes Browserless For A Week - On Purpose!
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Alrighty, here's the deal.

I've gone without decent internet access before, but never because I 'wanted' to.

And honestly, I don't 'want' to now either, but I need to.

See, I'm not just afraid I'm addicted, I KNOW I'm addicted. If the Refresh button on Firefox was a physical button, it'd be worn away by now.

It's these forums. And the other 25 or so sites in my bookmarks.

I'm sitting here...without a job, no income whatsoever, and, well, not doing anything to help that.

So it's going to be Turn Off Week.

Now, I'm not going to be absolutely ridiculous - I will allow AIM and Email - but those haven't been my major distractions. It's the stuff I get in the BROWSER.

Maybe I'll actually do something worthwhile with my time - plot a story, write a story, read a story, clean up, get a job, do more Language Study than I've been doing. Go outside, excercise, run, jog, swim.

You know. Real stuff.

So here's the thing - keep me accountable. If you see me posting after midnight tonight (EST), or see me logged in at the satellite sites... CHEW ME THE HELL OUT.

Send me emails of SCORN.

So, here we go. Starting at midnight, No Hatrack Or Anything That Requires Firefox, IE, Or Any Other Form Of Internet Browser for Dave.

I'm going cold turkey for a week.

Wish me luck.

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
Good for you, Dave.

Luck.

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

2 hours and 45 minutes before it begins. [Angst]
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I suppose you could always telnet to the web server and issues HTTP commands directly, then read the HTML . . .
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

[No No]
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
If you're reading this, Dave...

BAD! BAD! SHAME ON YOU!

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. Go discover what the real world is like, and then come back and regail us with tales of your adventures.

If it sounds nice, some of the rest of us may have to venture out ourselves.

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
NOOOOO I'll never leave the saafty and comfort of hatrack. and you can;t make me. [Big Grin]

now watch OSC will shut down hatrack for a week just for our own good. [Evil] [Evil Laugh] [Angst]

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.