FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » identify a song for this situation

Author Topic: identify a song for this situation
DoctorDevice
Member # 8137

- posted      Profile for DoctorDevice           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello. I want to know if anybody knows of a song that relates to this.

A girl who I really like, Jane, and I have not been speaking to each other for months now because of a misunderstanding. I'm pretty sure she thinks that I don't talk to her because she thinks that I dont like the way that she...you know...acts.

With all seriousness I love the way she acts, talks, looks....everything. I just adore her for who she is. She is really a sweet thing.

The reason I haven't spoken to her is b/c i thought she didn't like talking to me. Thinking back I think she was just shy. Right now she is upset though. Its obvious.

If anyone knows of a song/lyric from a song that relates to this situation/a small part of this situation please post it here. Earlier the better.

Posts: 12 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Forget the song.

Go talk to her.

Tell her what you think.

Stop wasting time.

(oops, should I make that rhyme and set it to music?)

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
"Tell Her About It" by Billy Joel.

Edit: In case this wasn't clear, it was meant to convey the same message as Bob and Tom. Trust me, it's good advice.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
If you use a lyric, she'll think you're playing her. Go to her, tell her you like everything about her, and do it without a backbeat. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
♪ We seem like passing strangers now,
How can you hurry by?

. . . . ♫

-"Passing Strangers," I'm not sure who the artist is.

I don't know if that's a bit too dramatic, or more than you're looking for... another song that came to mind:

♪ We all lead such elaborate lives
Wild ambitions in our sights

. . . . ♫

-"Elaborate Lives," from the musical Aida

I hope that helps some... (((((DoctorDevice)))))

[Edit -- limited copyrighted lines to two. Rule applies here, too. --PJ]

(re-edit: Sorry PJ, I'm a little behind the times!! [Embarrassed] )

[ June 05, 2005, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: Raia ]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DoctorDevice
Member # 8137

- posted      Profile for DoctorDevice           Edit/Delete Post 
I know it's supposed to be hard and I know I just have to do it but the thing is that CANT. She will hurry when she talks because she doesnt want to speak to me. If she's walking she will start walking faster because she doesnt want to walk with me. If she sees a friend she will walk away without saying anything to me. She's done these things before to some degree. I dont understand why. She starts to talk to me online sometimes. I dont understand her... I just seriously do not understand
Posts: 12 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Being wishy-washy won't do much construtive work. Confront her. If she cares, I suspect she will talk when she sees your intent. Let's say you walk up to her, and she starts to walk quickly. Loudly say "Please, wait; I really want to talk. It's important." If she ignores something like that, then I think it is pretty much over.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anastasia
Member # 8159

- posted      Profile for Anastasia   Email Anastasia         Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps:

"Fool to Think" Dave Matthews Band

If you are looking for something a bit different, their EVERYDAY CD might still have what you need.

I think you should write her a letter--using your own words. However, as the recipient of many love letters, if you include lyrics please reference the song they are from. If she doesn't recognize them now, but hears them later, she may not be too pleased. Plagiarism is not a good way to start a romance.

I actually recommend a letter over a face-to-face confrontation. If she is truly just shy (I know a lot about this!!) she might be flustered when you try to talk to her about it and mistakenly believe you are teasing or making fun of her about the crush she has on you. Since you know she is shy, she might also be trying to avoid a confrontation with you because she doesn't share your feelings.

A letter will give her time to consider what you have to say at a moment when she is calm.

Posts: 25 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.